𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

SOMETIMES when you look at something unbelievable, you blink more than usual because of the disbelief of it actually happening

SOMETIMES when you look at something unbelievable, you blink more than usual because of the disbelief of it actually happening. I was sitting on the floor, holding on to Zeke as my face was staring upwards.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. She tilted her head as she bent down — twirling her wand. My hands were bloody from stopping the bleeding from Zeke's head. "Merlin, I haven't seen you in seven or eight years. I thought you were halfway across the world studying in another school?"

"Well technically I was," she mumbled as she shrugged her shoulders, "but you know how it is with pureblood families, they always get tied up with the Death Eaters. It's a tradition at this point, I'm waiting for them to throw a party for us, who doesn't love free liquor?"

"You don't see me becoming a Death Eater, do you, Parkinson?" I told her as my eyes looked down at Zeke. I needed to help him but I didn't trust her. I hadn't seen Parkinson since she moved schools, I haven't talked to her since Hogwarts. Then suddenly she shows up at my doorstep, thinking she has an invite without any explanations.

"Darling I said pureblood families, you need to get back on track with everything happening." She stood up, walking around the middle room as she stopped at the large window, rain pouring down. "It's been five years, don't you think this little muggle thing is over with?"

"I don't understand how you think you have the right to barge into my apartment and get to ask me questions on my life without an explanation, Parkinson." I was putting pressure on the wound in his head, he was still unconscious.

"Explanation? Are you seriously asking me that right now?" She questioned me as the dried tears on my cheeks made it hard for my eyes to move around. "You might be living in New York, away from everyone and for you, the world might be perfect, but I'll give you a quick reality check, it isn't." My life here was far from perfect, my medical record would be enough to prove that.

"I don't care about that life anymore, I haven't in a long time and I haven't thought about either of you in the longest time. So tell me, what the hell is happening?" I was eager for answers at this point. Curious in other words you could say. I didn't want this happening or to have Pansy in my living room, or to have Zeke unconscious on my damn lap. I wanted to run, I was good at it. It lasted a good five years, it was time to do it again. That makes sense, five years, choose an occupation, live with people you don't know, and then do it again when the five years are over. Maybe I'll choose Turkey as my next destination.

"Is that why you visit the — what do they call it here? Ahh — a therapist. Is that why you visit a therapist at least once a day? Coincidentally her name also happens to be the name of your dead best friend?" She smirked as my eyes widened. How could she possibly know about Amelia?

"It's a common name. The funny thing is a coincidence, don't you think?" I snarled as Zeke groaned in my lap. "Zeke," I said in a low voice, "Hey, how are you feeling?"