𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆? (𝒓.𝒄)

-

Five days ago... Friday 2020...

Sarah and I were standing in the library of the Kook Academy. Her right hand was bunched up into her honey nut blond hair as she sighed, groaning as I wandered the shelves again. I didn't want to go into the fieldhouse for another stupid college fair walk through. I didn't want to go into that damn gym filled with delegates from different colleges, with their trifolds and presentations ready on why we should go to their college. I didn't want to walk around and think about what life would be if I was wrapped inside the bubble wrap. Sarah might have been fine with doing what her father and step-mother wanted her to, but that didn't mean that I needed to be the same way.

" What are we doing here Y/N?" she groaned again, clutching onto her bag. Her head bent back as she leaned against one of the shelves. " I wanna flirt with the college Kooks. And Topper of course."

Running my hand over the spines of the books once again I stopped and looked at her. Her hair was wrapped up in a messy bun, she wore a black camisole tank top and a blue blazer with the encrusted symbol of the Kook Academy on the side of it. She had a pleated short black skirt on and her Birkenstocks on her feet. The two of us liked to defy the school's dress code in subtle ways, one day with a change of hair, or shoes. Different skirts or different blazers. Her backpack clung to her back as she hung onto the arm loop that wasn't over her shoulder.

" What's the fucking point Sar? I already got accepted into Duke, and my parents are already sending me away next year. It doesn't matter. I'm going to be a nurse because that's what my parents want. I don't get a choice Sarah. I don't find a need in going to a fucking college fair when the next ten years of my life are already planned out for me," I explained.

" Please Y/N/N. I really wanna go. And plus Topper, Kelce and Rafe are gonna be there. They'll make it fun," she smiled, whining a bit.

" Fine."

I couldn't help but smile at the girl despite my conflicted feelings. I had made it clear for myself that I wasn't going for me, but for her. So that we could have some fun together, mindlessly flirting with people we'll never see again. I slipped my messenger bag over my shoulder and grabbed a book from the shelf, tucking it into my bag. We walked out of the room and into the hall.

Truth be told my mother was from the Cut, and my dad was a Kook. She worked her ass off to get where she is now, with the bonus of falling in love with my father. I had never been classified as a traditional Kook which didn't seem to matter when it came to my friends, but I was too Kook to be classified a Pogue and too Pogue to be classified as a full blown Kook. I was in the middle and that was okay. However, I was trapped in the bubble wrap. Molded into the perfect image my parents wanted me to be. I know that I can stop it from happening, but in a way I feel like if I do I'll disappoint them more than I already do. I'll be an outcast to my family instead of just the community. I won't be the perfect daughter that they brag about anymore.