𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓 (𝒋.𝒎)

-

As far as boneyard parties go, they're always a blast. Music, dancing, singing, laughing, mindless flirting. No matter who was there, Kooks, Pogues, or Tourons we always seemed as one. Having fun. Every problem melts away, and we're just teenagers partying in the dark.

-

The only light in the night, stars shining bright. Fires spread across the vast expanse of sand, the beach. Kegs filled with beer, red solo cups in stacks, and in teenagers dancing hands. Music blasting out of speakers, the people around belting out the lyrics into the open air. Singing songs that everyone knows. Laughing at our own stupidness, dancing around the beach with one another. Random hookups, silly flirting and holding that special someone close. In these moments we are the ones free. Just teenagers.

-

"Y/N/N!" yells out a drunken John B, stumbling over his own two feet to get over to me.

"What up!?"

Handing out random refills to random people, I laugh at his goofy smile. " Nothin' much JB," I smile, standing next to him.

Joining me, grabbing cups, filling them up with beer and handing them to tipsy teenagers.

" Here you go."

I smiled at Kie, as she dances around in the sand, belting out lyrics to Uma Thurman. She doesn't seem to have a care in the world, or give two shits to who's watching her be herself. Sometimes I wish I could be more like her in that aspect. Bold, I mean.

" She wants to dance like Uma Thurman."

It was nice to see the Pogue's having fun, laughing and partying; not that we didn't do that already. Everyone else liked to drink, JB, Kiara, Pope, J, but I never really found that much pleasure in drinking. Occasionally, I drank just for the hell of it, but it wasn't an everyday thing. Unlike JJ, every party, every chance that he got he had a beer in hand trying to escape the reality he lives in. I wasn't drunk, I was tipsy, swaying along to the music as I handed out refills with John B, trying to have fun.

" You enjoying yourself there Y/N/N?" the brunette haired boy asked me, laughing at my random dancing, switching to a different song per another "partiers" request. It didn't matter if we threw the party just for us, people would just show up.

" You drunk yet?" I smiled at him, looking over my shoulder.

" You could say that."

" Well then, there's your answer."

I walked back over to the table John B was at handing out refills, searching for a view of our friends. JB, of course right next to me filling cups and manning the music. Kiara, dancing around, cup in hand, many different people dancing with her. And Pope, who's sitting on a piece of driftwood with a mutual friend of ours, Toria, I'm sure discussing his scholarship or plans for the future in general. We don't always show it, but we're proud of Pope and his successes. And finally JJ, but God only knows where the chaotic blond boy is, or the young naive touron girl he wants to hook up with. Now I wasn't entirely sure where the Routledge boy had run off to.