𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒘 (𝒋.𝒎)

-

" We're the Pogue's and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time."

"The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth"

It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island.

All right, this is Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the Kooks, so guess where we don't live. And then, this is the South side of the island, or The Cut. Home of the working class who make a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters. The natural habitat of... drum-roll...please

The Pogues!

That's us. The Pogues, Pogies, the throwaway fish. Lowest member of the food chain. Okay, so the downside to Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected. But, the upside to Pogue life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.

-

That's JJ, my best friend since the third grade. He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt lifers who made their living off the water. Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I told you that. Hopelessly devoted and in-love with fellow Pogie Y/N. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat.

And that's Kiara, or Kie as we call her. When she's not saving turtles, or listening to Marley with Y/N, or getting a dolphin tattoo she hangs out with us. I'm not really sure why though. So, she's a rich kid, actually. Foot in both worlds. Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. You know, I'm not really sure how her parents feel about us. I guess, we all kind of have a thing for her. Well some of us at least.

And that's Pope, the brain's of the operation. Finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And the smartest person I know. Little bit of a weirdo. Alright, so his father is this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get it for you. Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us. Oh and Y/N and him have been best friends since they were born.

And that's right, that's Y/N. Most talented person I know. Unconditionally in love with JJ, but refuses to admit her feelings to anyone, even to herself. Gifted in the arts of music and paint, and in the arts of badassery. And if you piss her off, she can throw a wicked good punch. Don't believe me? Just ask any of the resident Kook assholes that have tried to get with her without her permission. Amazing skateboarder, and surfer. Everyone kind of has a thing for her, even the Kooks, whether she chooses to acknowledge that fact is a mystery to all of us. A bit of reckless chaos, with a touch of responsibility and passion. Okay, so the thing about Y/N is that she had to grow up too fast. Growing up on The Cut like most Pogue's did, however she grew up with no parents to raise her, just her older (brother/sister), so she kinda had to raise herself. Now, if you tell her I told you any of this, she'll have my ass and I'll be dead in a ditch somewhere. It doesn't matter though, she could never really kill us, she loves us too much.

So that's my crew.

And that's me, John Booker Routledge.

-

A LOOK INSIDE MY MIND...

hey guys... so i appreciate the reads on these and feedback from different people. love that. thank you so much for all of the support on this book and my other... i would so appreciate if you guys gave my other imagines book a chance too. but, if it not that's okay too. anyway... as i said on the last chapters i posted these ones i've edited again are all from my jj imagines book as well. so go check that out... thanks. hope y'all enjoyed this imagine... you can find this imagine in two places in this book. hope y'all are safe and okay and are doing great.

remember feedback is the best shit ever invented and i'd love some more of it...

love ya! stay safe!

-s