i'm right here, always (j.m)

imagine type: fluff

request:  "an imagine where jj gets a panic attack after visiting his dad, and y/n sees it and helps him through the panic attack"

summary: at the end of season one when jj goes to see luke trying to get the keys to the phantom. when jj comes out of the house and gets into the car with y/n, they notice that something is iffy with jj. y/n pulls over and helps jj through his panic attack explaining to him that everything will be alright

a look inside my mind!:  oh my god! this imagine and request in itself broke my ever loving heart! it's so humble and sweet and just thinking about it makes me want to cry! i understand that a lot of people get panic attacks, and as someone who experiences the mental side of anxiety attacks i kind of relate. has some alexa and katie vibes if we're being honest! i hope that this imagine reaches the right crowd that can empathize with jj and understand panic attacks in themselves. anyway, i won't stand for hateful or hurtful comments against one another if this happens, please be kind to one another about these topics. thank you. with that being said i hope y'all enjoy this imagine, it was indeed a pleasure to write.

-

       "Home sweet home," JJ says, attempting to lighten the mood in the car.

        The pressure of getting John B and Sarah out of the Outer Banks somewhere safe was an unbearable pressure to every single Pogue, however it simply hit JJ the hardest. Stealing the keys to JJ's dads old racing boat was something everyone knew was risky, but yet it had to be done; for The Phantom was the only thing that could allow Sarah and John B to escape.

       Y/N watched as JJ looked at his dilapidated house in worry, his expression seemed rather sad or worried. She wasn't a fan of this plan, worried about what could happen to the blond surfer boy. She had known everything about Luke and JJ's relationship, only making her worry for JJ's safety more apparent. The young girl gripped the steering wheel so hard that her knuckles had begun to turn red. She hated this, watching her best friend like this. Her crush like this.

    Letting go of the steering wheel she turned her head to see him taking off the red baseball cap adorning his head and ruffle his disheveled blond locks. "Do you want me to go with you? Cause I'll come," she asked.

     The boy turned to look at her y/c/e and shook his head, sharing a slight smile with her. " No."

    "J-" she tried again.

    "Y/N/N, this'll only take a second. I'll be okay," he assured her, holding her hand briefly before grabbing his green bag and getting out of Kiara's borrowed Nissan. The door closed and she watched him enter the house.

    "Who are you trying to convince," she muttered under her breath.

    Watching as he turned around and looked at her, all she could do was give him a reassuring smile and hope that he'd be okay.

-

    It had only been about five minutes when she saw JJ walk out of the house. His head was hung low and he was walking at a mild pace. Getting into the car, she leaned forward to see him.

JJ looked at her with a sort of melancholy look on his face, she knew that he was fighting off tears because of how blushed his face was. He tried to present a front to her, but he knew that she knew him better than that. However, the one thing JJ didn't want was for Y/N; the girl he'd been in love with forever to see him cry. He smiled at her. She placed her hand on his wrist and rubbed it gently, smiling back. A sad smile.