𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒅𝒆 (𝒋.𝒎)

-

THE NIGHT WAS VERY PEACEFUL IN THE Y/L/N HOME. Y/B/N was sleeping warmly in his bed after a long night of reading the newest book his older sister had gotten him for his birthday, and Y/N was lying comfortably in her bed reading away to The Great Gatsby. Although the siblings were missing a family member, they couldn't have cared for they had each other. And after all it was peaceful that night.

That of course was ruined by a loud tapping on Y/N's window. Continuing her reading she thought nothing of it, blaming it on the branch of the tree next to her window, praying however that Y/B/N hadn't woken up from the sound. Dismissing every tap on her window until she heard the sound of a familiar voice.

" Y/N/N let me in," a voice continued to say, pounding on her window. " Y/N please," the boy begs.

Placing her bookmark in her book and jumping up from underneath her blankets, she walks over to the window. Sliding her window sill up, she steps back making room for JJ to get in. The pouring rain blowing into her a room a bit.

" You do realize you could've used the front door, right?" Y/N smiled, pulling a soaking wet JJ into a hug. The fresh blue and purple bruises present on his face. A new cut just above his eyebrow, and his hands cut from obvious impact. She knew however there was more, underneath his shirt. Bruises fading and making themselves known underneath the thin material of the gray he was wearing.

" I didn't k-know if your dad was home or not," JJ stuttered, on the verge of a breakdown.

" He's not, and even if he was I'd take care of it," Y/N states, pushing the boy's hair back from his face. Placing her hands on his cheeks and rubbing them slightly, looking into his electric blue eyes that began to well up with tears. JJ nodded his head, and let a tear slip from his eye.

" Hey, let's get you cleaned up," the girl warmly smiles, dropping her hands from JJ's cheeks. Turning around to guide the boy into her bathroom. Watching as he threw his backpack next to the wall, sulking over to the bathroom next to Y/N. Sitting on the edge of the bathtub, he looked down. JJ didn't want to cry, he hated crying, especially in front of the Pogue's, especially in front of Y/N.

Y/N always cleaned JJ up. She had told the boy when he had finally admitted what was happening to him, that if she ever needed to she would take care of him. Let him stay at her house, clean him up, and make him feel safe. Let him know he has a home, a home with her and her brother/sister.

Grabbing the hydrogen peroxide from the cabinet, and the cotton balls from the cabinet as well, she walked over to JJ. Pressing the liquid to the cotton ball, she walked over to him, standing in between his legs.

" This is gonna sting," Y/N said, pressing the cotton ball to the cuts on his face.

" I know Y/N/N," JJ grins, pulling her closer to him.