XXVII

Aellas POV

As I was walking upstairs trying not to let panic seep in, I tried composing myself a bit because I still needed to check up on Aub. I was about to turn the corner when I bumped in to Alessandro,

" Is she calm now? What did she say?" I questioned, he grabbed me by the shoulders and started inspecting me,

"Aella what happened?" he started tugging at my shirt trying to look for any wounds when it hit me that I was still covered in blood.

"One of my fathers men was out in the woods, I guess he sent him to check and see if I was actually here. I killed him, and I sent your guys out there to check the area and bring the body in." I shrugged.

" Your fathers men? You have to be fucking kidding me. Did he hurt you?"

"Yeah it was him, he had the fucking Omerta tattoo. But no he didn't hurt me as much as I hurt him. But now my father is going to definitely know that i'm here when his men doesnt report back to him." he was about to speak when his phone ringing cut him off.

"Listen talk to Aubrey and ill go get things situated out there with my men , ill come get you in a bit so we can talk, about your father."

"Yeah sounds good." He kissed the top of my head while answering the phone. I began to walk towards Aubreys room. I knocked twice and let myself in. Aubrey turned her head,

"Aella" her voice was barley above a whisper and she was just sitting in the middle of the bed staring off into space. I walked towards her but she moved back a bit when she took in my appearance.

"Oh crap my bad Aub" I moved back and sat in the recliner next to the window taking a pillow and somewhat covering my clothes.

"Are you alright?" i asked her

She sighed, "Thats the first time ive ever seen someone take their last breath, its not as dramatic as in the movies." we both laughed.

"Yeah its pretty gruesome." i added

" Im alright i guess its just going to take me some time to put that image out of my head you know."

"Yeah I understand. So what happened?" her eyes widened and she turned to me,

"Aella Liam was there omg fucking Liam was sitting across from me." I got up and walked up to her,

"Wait what?"

"Yeah Liam sat across from me while franco went out to take a call. He asked me where you were and to take him to you but after I told him no he just left. It makes no sense he could have taken me he had a gun pointed at me and everything but he just got up shot his gun off and left." she rambled on. That was weird why he would go out of his way to just scare her knowing that she could lead them to our location.

"That does make any sense Aub, you're right he could have taken you and made it a lot easier for them to know our location. So what are they really after if not just me." i thought out loud.

"That exactly what I was thinking A, but the funny thing is that Franco stepped out to take a call from some girl which should have taken what like 3 seconds to blow her off but he didnt show up until after the gun went off." Its like she was trying to connect some dots.

"Unless he got a call from one of the guys informing him about something and didnt want you to worry because if it was his work phone which he uses daily, it wouldn't be a woman he has never given a woman his work phone number." she sat back and slumped

"Yeah possibly, that would make sense why he was texting so much in the car." we stayed silent for a bit both lost in our own thoughts until she spoke up again.