XVI

Aella's POV

The conversation with Aubrey was bound to happen but I wasn't sure how I could even begin explaining this mess I call my life. I figured I could sit her down and maybe talk to her in a calm tone and get her to understand without freaking her out, but seeing as Aubrey loved to freak out, I figured it would be better to wait until everyone is gone and we could go outside and talk. 

In the midst of all this, i hadn't explained anything to Alessandro yet. The only thing I managed to say was that I was in trouble and I needed help and as soon as those words came out, he called in the boys and all hell was about to break loose.

 I started to walk around the house checking all the places where I hid my guns the last time I was here, and to my surprise, they hadn't been touched. I was a little shocked and relieved that he knew I would come back or if not then I wondered why he never removed them from there, and speak of the devil, as I rounded the corner to go up the stairs, Alessandro bumped into me. He smirked

" Come with me, we need to talk."

that sentence sent my head spinning, there was so much we needed to talk about and I hoped that we were just going to talk about the men chasing me.

"Sure." he grabbed my hand and lead me to the other side of the house. As we walked into the secret room he had, nostalgia was running through me. Not much had changed, everything was the same way I left it. This room held so much memories, more happy than sad. I didn't realize I was smiling until Alessandro mentioned it.

" I can see you haven't forgotten Gattino."

" How could I forget."

"The days we spent here where should, I say pretty busy." he licked his lips.

"Yeah you could say that.."

"Well gattino as much as I would love to reminisce on those days, we have stuff to take care of."

"Right.. What do you want to know?"

"Everything from the beginning. Don't leave out any details."

*********

"Why the fuck didn't you call me that same night Aella? What were you thinking?"

I was finally through with telling him everything that had happened from me arriving to New York up until this very conversation. Throughout the whole story, he never sat still, getting up and pacing around, clenching his fists, slamming the desk, you name it. Alessandro was never really one to control his anger, but what can I say, I was used to it.

"Well I didn't think it was that big of a deal, I thought I could handle it on my own."

"That's exactly your problem Aella, You don't think. If you would've called that night, we would have avoided the whole next day situation. Those bruises on your body and face wouldn't have been there. Now-"

I interrupted him and got up from my chair as well

"If you clearly remember Alessandro, we weren't on talking terms, We hadn't even spoken in two years, I had no news from you, what was I supposed to say?" now we were both yelling

"Are you serious right now? Thats your excuse? You were in fucking danger Aella, what do I mean were, you still are in danger." his eyes softened and his voice became a mere whisper.

"You know i'll always be there for you Aella, regardless of our past, of what we did, You are and will always be my number one priority, if you would have called me that night, I would've came down personally and made sure you were safe. I would have brought you back here and we would've figured this out. I wouldn't have left you stranded."