III

Aubrey's POV

I've been awake since 6 in the morning, cleaning all fucking day because I decided to be generous and open my mouth to tell Aella to visit me. Usually when you say, 

"You should visit sometime" you don't take it so literal and hop on the next flight out, but regardless she's on her way. Do I regret it? Not as much. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's a good person but I'm pretty sure it's going to be super awkward talking to someone you haven't seen in years. But the deal with me and Aella is that we don't call each other friends. We just know each other and tolerate each other's presence. But here I am grumpy as shit because I have to spring clean my entire studio to make it look presentable. I made the decision to clean the entire house the day that she was coming, hours from now to be exact. I'm 100% certain she can't be at the airport yet because she would've called...right? 

Anyways, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Aubrey, I live in New York and I am in my third year of college at Columbia. I'm 5'2, an Aquarius and will eat just about anything that is brought in front of me. I mean theres not much to me besides having fun and eating food most of the time. My life is not that interesting, it sure as hell isn't no gossip girl adventure, even though I do live in New York, but Ive always had a dream of living a wild life full of danger and adventure, scheming, and destroying, even if it is for just a day. 

But back to my studio, I'm halfway done with the living room. All i have to do is clean up the kitchen area. And I have about 4 more hours left before Aella gets here, but I think I deserve a break so let me talk some more.

 Most times Aella tends to over exaggerate the story of how she met me. As far as I know she moved into my hometown, the beautiful San Francisco. She claims that she punched me and just like that we became friends. I mean it's not entirely wrong, but there's more to it. See the thing with Aella was that nobody could take her harsh sarcasm and rude criticism at all. She had moved down the street from me and my family. My mom was the type to greet every damn person in this town, so that was how me and Aella met.

 At first, we didn't want anything to do with each other, but our moms forced us to play with each other. It wasn't bad, she was pretty cool. In Middle school, of course everyone thought they were too cool for other kids, so that's when the cliques came in. I was with a bunch of average friends, nothing too exciting, just some sleepovers here and there. I remember seeing Aella sitting by herself and I felt bad, but as I was on my way towards her this girl had came up to her to be friendly I guess. Aella shouted something, made her cry and watched her run off, she looked oddly satisfied about that. As a kid, I walked my nosy ass to see what was happening. But when I went to her she was yelling at me calling me harmless child-like insults. Usually, you walk away and cry, but I didn't move. I was unbothered by what she said, like I had heard it all before. But in Aella's eyes it looked like I betrayed her. So, in anger and confusion, she punched me. And unlike any normal kid that gets punched, I laughed and punched back harder. That was when Aella became my friend, I don't know why. Maybe because I could take her sarcasm and criticism? 

We then became closer because by chance we went to the same high school. To spare time, I'm going to skip past the emo and "too cool for school" phases and go straight to the important parts. We were normal the first year, but as the years went by and we got older, we grew apart. She was getting into trouble, starting fights, getting involved with drugs, guys, and skipping class, while I was in the same good kid routine. Maybe she was going through a rebellious stage in her life, but when I got to close, she would push me away and say "I don't want you involved." Of course I never understood what she meant, and to this day I still don't. Anyways by graduation day, I was leaving to New York to study Law, and she went God knows where. But to this day, I still have no idea why she changed so drastically and why we grew apart for no reason.

Shit! It's already 10 p.m. Aella has probably been at the airport for about 2 hours already. I'm not the best at managing my time,but hey what can you do. If I leave now I'll probably make it by 12, and most likely she's gonna be in a pissy, irritated mood. The studio is nowhere near clean but I'll just push everything to the side for now. I mean we're in New York, is there ever any time to sleep?