XIX

Aella's POV

The moment my truth came out, I instantly regretted it. I showed a side of me that no one has seen, I was in a moment of weakness. Luciano would have beat me dry. Contemplating a little over the fact, i feel free and able to breathe again. It's as if this massive weight on my shoulders had been lifted. I had been trapped for so many years that slowly I started to forget who I initially was, who my mom wanted me to be. It's going to take some time to get my mind set back but ones things for sure, now that Alessandro knows, Luciano won't be a problem in my life ever again and I can finally come out of hiding.

Now back to the problem at hand, who the fuck are these guys and what do they want with me. I know for a fact that this has to deal with my dead beat of a father, Luciano because unless i did something to their families, I don't owe these guys anything. Alessandro mentioned they were part of a rival gang but he failed to mention what they wanted and how dangerous they really are. Knowing Alessandro, he's going to try and keep this from me for my safety but this doesn't just involve me anymore but also Aubrey and because I dragged her into this, it's only fair that i get her out and keep her safe. I need intel on these guys and the only person who has helped and is willing to go behind Alessandro's back to help me is Luca but unfortunately things between us are rocky. Luca is not my biggest fan at the moment, from the minute he saw me he hadn't said a word, the only thing i've gotten is death glares and that is only once but because the rest of the time he has failed to acknowledge and just walks right past me.I do understand where he is coming from. Luca has always showed his loyalty to Alessandro and tends to be very overprotective when it comes to the people he loves. Its very hard to earn his trust so if you fuck up, its over, he will never look at you the same and that love he had for you will be as if it never existed. I not only fucked over Alessandro but i betray Luca and Is friendship. Therefore, talking to Luca is going to be like going to hell and not knowing if you're going to make it out alive. But i guess it's now or never right.

As I walked out of Alessandro's office, i noticed that the house had died down and it seemed much quieter than before. Almost an eerie silence. As i rounded the corner i noticed only three men sitting in the living room and to my right I noticed Aubrey's silhouette in the kitchen along with someone else. I turned my attention back to the men sitting down who were now all staring straight at me. I took this opportunity to speak,

"What's going on? Where did everyone go?" The bald one to my left answered

"They went out to patrol, we got word that they landed in Italy." wait... did that mean that they were here.....

"Who landed?" i questioned knowing i'd be scared to know the answer.

"Well the other g-" he was cut off by the one man with a scar on his left brow slapping him on the side of his bald head. He then turned his attention to me and it was his turn to speak,

"I'm sorry miss, we were told not to give any information until they figured out the situation." of course he was keeping shit from me, I needed Luca and fast,

"Wheres Luca?" the same guy answered

"He walked into the kitchen a couple minutes ago."

Aubrey was in there... i turned away from the men and made my way towards the kitchen but as I got closer I heard Aubrey's laughter resonating off the walls, so instead I stayed back and decided to see if my suspicions were proven right.

"So tequila is not your drink? What about Vodka? How does Miss Aubrey handle her vodka?" Luca was flirting and he had no intentions of doing it subtly, he wanted her to know, to think he was interested in hopes of getting info out of her. And of course, Aubrey was feeding into his games,

" Vodka is not my strong suit either. Honestly, I don't handle any liquor that well." She giggled.

" I would imagine hanging out with Aella for so long would at least teach you how to hold your liquor right? I mean how long have you really known her if you can't even pick up her drinking habits?" I fucking knew it, he's interrogating her. I knew his ways, he taught me his ways.

" Well i can hold my own at times, i mean Aella and I have known.." before she could finish that sentence I decided to walk in and make my presence known, I looked Luca straight in the eyes,

"Whatever you may think about her, don't. Whether you know her or not, i do and that should suffice. She's not a rat Luca, trust me, I would know." as i finished i noticed the tension in the room and immediately his eyes turned ice cold as he laughed bitterly,

" Trust, Aella? Well that's new coming from you." and with that he turned and walked out of the kitchen. I guess having a conversation with him was not up for discussion and now i knew for certain he was not going to help me. I just need to give him some space. I was stuck in my own trance until Aubrey decided to break the silence,

"What was that all about?" I turned towards her direction,

"One thing I will tell you, don't talk to anybody about anything involving your personal life Aubrey. These men will find your weakness in a two minute conversation and will turn on you before you can even blink. Luca thinks you're the rat, he was interrogating you without scaring you off, and you fed right into his game. You didn't even have a clue did you?"

She looked like a deer caught in the headlights,

"No? You guys are like fucking spies, i can't keep up." She threw her hands up in the air and went back to raiding the fridge. As for me, I needed to find information on my own no matter what.