XII

Aella's POV

*****

I was finally going to do it. We were done. I didn't want anything to do with him. I had made up my mind and I was leaving him and everything behind. I wanted to start my own life away from him and everyone else. 

 As I walked up the steps to his house, I felt nauseous. I wanted to turn around and run but I had to do this. I was tough. I could kill anyone in sight, but for some reason, running from this life was something that I was never trained to do. I wasn't as tough as I thought. 

As soon as I opened the door I began to look for the one person who changed my life completely.

"Alessandro?"

"Gattino? Sono in cucina." ( kitten i'm in the kitchen.) as soon as I walked in the kitchen, there he was. He was standing in front of the sink arms crossed. He was handsome, there was no denying it, but he was also the sweetest and as much as I hated it, I fell for him, hard.

"Amore? Whats wrong?" I just stood there. I was frozen, I couldn't move..

"Come here Aella." he started to walk towards me and I snapped, I started to move back

"Alessandro I can't do this any more. I don't want to do this anymore."

His eyes immediately changed from relaxed to panicked then all of a sudden, it was all a blur. I remember yelling, lots of yelling.

"Why would you leave me? What the fuck did I ever do to you?"

"I need this Alessandro you don't understand, we just don't mesh anymore. I need something different." he suddenly grabbed me by the waist and pushed me up against the counter.

"Something different Aella? Like what? ANOTHER FUCKING MAN? Cazzo di Puttana!" ( fucking whore)

His words stabbed me like knives but it clicked, I needed to hurt him I needed to break him. I needed to say something he would never forgive me for. I needed a way out.

"You wanna know why I want to leave Alessandro? The real fucking reason?"

"What Aella? Why is it so important for you to leave, for us to break what we have?" what I said next, I would regret for the rest of my life.. The look in his eyes broke me.

"I don't love you Alessandro, I never did. All this shit that I did, was to benefit me, so I could have power. Did you really think I would love you? Someone like me doesn't fall in love with someone like you. Hahah. Do you really believe that we would work. You disgust me and you always will." 

I had struck a nerve and in that moment, I wanted to tell him I was lying, that I wanted to be with him, but I needed to pursue my dreams, I needed a new life. I knew I had hurt him. His eyes were wide and brimmed with tears. In the calmest voice ever he said.

"Get out Aella and don't ever come back."

************************************

I didn't realize tears had escaped my eyes until the driver pulled me back to reality.

"Mi dispiace ma quale è il codice?" (sorry but what is the code?) I had so many emotions running through but the most prominent was anger and I had to take it out on someone.

 But how can anyone be this stupid.How can they send someone who doesn't even know the code to the gate? You have got to be kidding me.

"Sei stupido? Come puoi non conoscere il codice? Cazzo stupido!" (Are you stupid? How can you not know the code? Fucking stupid!) I gave him the code and we moved on. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Aubrey and I knew she was scared of me. This was someone she hasn't met and someone I don't want her to meet. But regardless she was dragged into this and now she has to meet the real Aella. 

As we pulled up to the house I saw everything changed since last I was here. To be honest I didn't think I would ever come here again. After all that has happened.