XI

Aubrey's POV

"Aubrey listen to me.. Aubrey don't get involved.. Aubrey do this" All fucking day. I'm tired of this bullshit. Why are we running? Why are we dodging these guys? I don't fucking know because Aella won't tell me SHIT.

*************

"Grab your shit and meet me at the front desk" She just choked me..her eyes were dead inside...dark. Her soul was dead and there was no compassion to spare. It was as if I meant nothing. It was the worst thing I have ever experienced. Aella wasn't Aella anymore.  

 I was sitting on the floor watching her walk to the front desk. She almost killed me, she knew I couldn't breathe but she didn't stop... I was fucking scared. I didn't know who I was messing with anymore but at the same time I was furious. I was tired of running I deserved answers. I needed to at least know the truth. 

I'll admit I went to far, but you can't filter yourself when you're angry. I knew I had to have hurt her, I could feel it. But i'm not gonna sit here and pretend like this is all good. 

I slowly walked behind her as she was getting the tickets..Italy?? What could possibly be in Italy for us. I wanted to ask her why, but I was still upset about what just happened a couple minutes ago and I didn't know if she would flip again. 

We both glared at each other not saying a word and walked to our seats. I hate being in awkward situations so I turned to my side and fell asleep, just forgetting about what I was getting dragged into.

**************

I woke up to Aella shaking me because the plane had just landed. To be honest I wanted to apologize because I don't want this entire situation to get worse. I pulled her to the side before we headed out the airport to talk to her.

"Hey A, i'm sorry about earlier..I blew up and I was way outta line. I had no right in talking about your mom that way.. I know she was the only person that mattered to you. I don't want to keep doing whatever the fuck we're doing while we both can't stand each other. I want you to know I truly am sorry all bullshit aside. Whatever happens, i'm here and i'll only ask what I need to know" She gave me a blank stare and then rage went through me again.

"Fucking say something Aella..for all I know you could be trying to sell me to clear your name..." she instead gave me a blank stare.

"Ok. And for the record I wouldn't sell you in Italy, Russia is the number one for the black market."

"Oh my god A! I'm serious im literally afraid for my life and now is not the fucking time to be a smart ass"

"Sub fucking relax, i'll only tell you what you need to know when I think you're ready and as of now you're not and even if you were I certainly wouldn't tell you when we're standing in the middle of the damn airport." 

We left the airport and threw out our phones. Aella said it would be a good idea since they could be tracking us, but throughout this I was more worried about all those contacts and pictures that I had to give up.

 We ended up at a gas station and bought a disposable phone. She dialed a number and looked at me like she wasn't sure I would be able to handle what was about to happen. She began to pace around grabbing her hair and began to speak fluent Italian. She was good, we all knew that, I could make out a deep male voice answering back to her questions. 

I took Italian once in high school but let's be honest that teacher passed you regardless. All I could make out was her telling him that she was at a gas station and the rest was too fast to translate. While they were having their conversation, I went back to when I had apologized to Aella. I wasn't really expecting a formal apology from her. I said what i said and there was really no going back from that. I knew her talking to me was her way of accepting my apology, because let's face it she's never going to apologize to me anyway. I was deep in thought when she brought me back to reality.

"Let's go. My friend is sending a car to come get us."

"Friend?..Car?? Wait Aella who is this person?..Can we trust them?" She looked at me obviously annoyed by the 20 questions I just asked her.

"Yes Aubrey friend, yes a car, and yes we can trust him... you done being paranoid?"

"Yeah I guess so" I wouldn't go to long lengths and say paranoia, I was just curious and making sure we were safe..I dont know whats going on half the time but at least let me know who i'm meeting and where i'm going. But for Aella's sake i'm not gonna bother her much only because I don't want this to blow up like the last argument we had. I'm just too physically and emotionally drained for another episode like that right now. 

We were standing in complete silence waiting for the car to come and get us.I would look at the scenery around us but we were in the middle of what looked like a vineyard outside a gas station, so as you can tell, there isn't much to look at. I decided to try to get Aella to talk. Honestly at this point I didn't care if she talked to me about the meaning of the word grape..

"So...this friend..."

"Aubrey don't even start with the questions honestly, i'm too tired for this shit."

"All I was gonna ask was if he lives near any food stores because i'm fucking starving..Damn A what crawled up your ass." She looked at me from the corner of her eyes and snarled.

"How can you even think about food right now? There is bigger things to worry about."

"It's all this running i'm fucking doing."

She gave me a small smile, and suddenly it felt as if everything would be ok.

"The car is here let's go." and all of a sudden she fixed herself and became the same Aella from the airport. One I wasn't prepared to meet. The Aella i've yet to discover.

 We walked to the car and it was a sleek black Audi, every window was tinted and the rims were so shiny I could see my reflection. The interior of the car was draped in black and red leather designs and coincedently, there was a bottle of champagne and some glasses ready to be filled.

"Wow, this friend of yours must be really excited for you to come." She ignored me but I was to mesmerized by this new lifestyle to care.