XIV

Aella's POV

Instantly I regretted leaving Aub alone. Not for her sanity but for mine. To say I was nervous and scared was an understatement. I was shaking. I didn't know what to expect. I haven't talked to Alessandro until just a couple hours ago on the phone and he didn't say much besides 

"i'm sending a car." and now here I am trying to face the man who got his heart broken by my selfishness.

" Il mio gattino." ( My Kitten) Immediately I tensed up, he was the first to speak. He stared and stared at me waiting for me to say something, anything, but I couldn't, I just stood there. I didn't know what to say, what could you possibly say to someone who looked at you with emotionless eyes, who I watched shatter into a million pieces. It felt like hours had passed by, him waiting for me to say something, and then he spoke.

" How are you gattino?"(Kitten)  and again it was quite.

"Aella..." suddenly I felt angry not with him but with myself. I started to wonder why I ever left him, why he wasn't angry, what my life could have been with him in it.

" Really? I don't know Alessandro i'm being chased by some fucking gang that I had no idea existed and not only that but I had to drag my friends into this even after trying to protect her all these years and until recently I found out that they've been watching and chasing me for a while. But you're seriously asking how i'm doing? Why? Are you fucking kidding me, I left you. You should be angry you should hate me, because believe me I hate myself for doing all that crap to you. You shouldn't even be helping me i don't deserve all this Alessandro. If I were in your position, I would have sliced my throat the minute I walked out of that car. " I was shaking by the end.

 Alessandro walked closer to me just close enough to where he was standing directly in front of me. It was quiet and I watched him, the way his eyebrows knitted together when he was confused and tried to find the right words to say. The way his hands played with the ends of my sweater when he tried to calm his nerves, and the way his eyes softened when he looked down to meet with mine. His voice was soft and quiet.

" I was angry with you, furious even. The minute you walked out that door I destroyed everything in sight. I hated you. After you left the next day I realized that I would do anything in my power to destroy you, but it was as if you never existed, there was no trace of you. Then I spent the next two months going to bars, drinking my life away, and getting into fights, until one day I ended up in the hospital and Luca made me realize what a mess my life had turned into, so after that I became ruthless, I tore apart everyone in my path to the point where people were terrified of me. I had girls in and out of this place, using them the way you used me. I couldn't stand the thought of even hearing your name. I knew that if we ever crossed paths, I would make you suffer a slow and painful death. I had everything planned, exactly how I would kill you, But when I heard your voice, all the hatred vanished it was as if nothing had happened. Trust me when I say this Aella, I want to hate you, I want to have the strength to kick you out and make you pay, I want you to suffer the way I did, but I can't, and I hate myself for that. You have this hold on me and I wish I could break it but I cant. Im not going to fight it anymore." he was yelling by the end

I felt nothing but remorse, I wanted to tell him the truth but i couldn't not now and not ever.

" I'm sorry Alessandro, I really am. I put my needs in front of yours and that wasn't fair."

" But why Gattino?"

" Some things are better left a secret." he then grabbed my waist and pulled me in.

" Gat-" he stopped mid sentence when we heard Aubrey yelling my name frantically. Then suddenly I was hit with severe nostalgia as Alessandro pushed me behind him and motioned me to the one spot where he hid a gun. As I walked over and pulled it out from behind the frame on the wall, I couldn't help but smile at the fact that he still kept it there. It was as if nothing happened.