XXII

Aubrey POV 

I woke up to my alarm blaring. My eyes shot open and my hand slammed onto the clock practically breaking it. I looked up and saw that it was 9 in the morning.

"Who the fuck wakes up this early on a Saturday."

I stayed in bed for a couple minutes thinking back to yesterday when Aella and I were doing some digging of our own.

At this point it's kill or be killed. I won't do the killing myself, i'll leave that part for Aella but i'm also not trying to get killed. But I figured I could at least be of some help to Aella. We tried finding something, literally anything on these guys that are after us but we came up with jack. Not one mention of these guys anywhere, like they're ghosts. I turned onto my back and stared at the ceiling to continue my thought process before my stomach started to rumble.

"I literally just woke up. How are you hungry right now?" I groaned as i got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom to wash my face. In the middle of throwing water in my face i paused and realized Aella wasn't in the bed when i woke up. It's not like i expected her to be in bed because she was always an early worm but whatever i guess. 

I'm positive she's the one who set the alarm to ring this early. I laughed at the thought and headed downstairs to the kitchen to make some breakfast. It was loud as usual. Men rushing here and there shouting in Italian. I made a straight B-line to the fridge, keeping my head low and my arms wrapped around myself. As soon as i reached the fridge I let out a loud sigh to the sight of it being empty. "All this money they claim to have but can't restock a fridge? What do they expect me to eat a pistol with a side of bullets?" I shut the fridge and went back upstairs to the bedroom. I sat on the bed for a couple minutes before contemplating whether i should leave this place and get some food.

They don't expect me to starve right? What else am i supposed to do? Wait for Luigi to come in and shout at me? Or sit and wait for Aella to come back? They should know not to just leave me alone like this....

"Fuck it, i'm leaving." I got up and changed into some yoga pants and grabbed a band t shirt out the closet. I put my ear against the door to check if i heard anyone coming down the hall. Oddly enough, the hall was quiet. I made my way towards the front door when i heard a low angry voice coming my way. In a panic that it could've been the linguini boss, i ran back upstairs and pretended like nothing happened. I sat on the bed and waited for someone to walk into the room but it was silent again.

Just fucking leave. What's the worse they can do? Kill you? Yeah right, Aella wouldn't let that happen... I thought to myself.

"Ok. I'm just going to walk right out. I'm just getting food what's the worst that can happen." I got up again but this time walked downstairs quick enough to not be noticed. I stopped at the door and thought about how much Italian curse words i'm going to hear when i come back. I turned the knob and walked out to a bright sun and birds chirping. I took a deep inhale before walking down the stairs towards a car that was parked at the last step. As i got closer, the window rolled down and a man bent his head to see me through it. He was trying to tell me something in Italian, but his was speaking slower than how the rest talked. He had to be a new guy or maybe he was a really bad Italian.

"Hi, uhm I want to go eat?" I said as I motioned food going into my mouth and rubbing my stomach. He spoke in Italian again and paused for a couple minutes looking at me for a response.

 "I'm sorry. I haven't had much time to learn the language." It was silent for a couple minutes before i gave up and turned to go back to the door.