XVII

Aubrey POV

My blissful moment was interrupted by some shouting.

"Ascolta Non mi interessa quello che devi fare, basta portarmi quei file!" ( Listen I don't care what you have to do, just bring me those files).

I had no idea what this man was yelling about but it sounded serious. I went back into the room and to my surprise it was Aellas other friend. The one who almost killed me. As soon as I walked in, he lifted his head and smirked at me. He ended the call and walked over to me.

"I don't believe we have had the pleasure of meeting." He stuck his hand out for me to shake,

"Im Luca, and who might you be?" he was charming, i'll give you that. If it weren't for the situation we were in I would be all over him.

Luca was tall, around 6 feet, he was muscular but not too muscular, he fit his suit in very well, his hair was a mixture of sandy brown and dark brown, short on the sides, long on the top, he had amazing light honey brown eyes, but what grabbed my attention the most was his plump pink lips. They looked so kissable, like they were teasing me, and you know what they say for guys, the colour of their lips is the colour of their ti-

"Cat got your tongue sweetie?"

Shit, I hadn't realised he was still waiting for me to answer.

"Aubrey, my name is Aubrey."

"Hmmm, not what I expected but i'll take it." well ok, he's a dick.

"So sweetheart, what is it you're doing here?"

"I'm actually here because of Aella but i'm pretty sure-" I was going to explain why I was here and see if I could get any information out of him but some large man came in and said something in Italian, Luca's eyes went big and he excused himself and left.

So here I was all alone in the big ass house again.

I started to walk around again and see what else I could discover, seeing as this was a big house, there was much to discover.

I walked out of the room and walked around in what felt like circles until finally I reached a very dark corner of the house. This part of the house was not very welcoming, the aurora was cold. You could feel the tension even though there was no one here.

Like the gun room upstairs, curiosity got the best of me and I started to walk down the hall. As I walked further down, I heard yelling. More like I heard Aella yelling. I walked down faster and stopped outside the door but I was not prepared for what I was about to hear next, chills ran down my spine, my body went cold and I swear I almost passed out,

".........So now tell me Alessandro, why should I owe that man anything? I am not going back to him and I will never speak of him again. That man i'm supposed to call father, took the only thing that mattered. He killed my mother."

 My eyes widened once Aella finished her last sentence. Guilt started to pour around me and I felt shitty for the way I compared her to her father at the airport. I was contemplating whether to barge in there and give her a hug but we all know Aella isn't the sentimental type.

My eyes started to overfill with tears because this was the first time I've ever heard her open up. This was Aella in her raw emotional state. Her friend was about to tell her something when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

I quickly dashed far enough from the room to make it seem as if I'm just wandering around again. A rather large guy gave me a look as if he knew I was up to something but was far too busy to deal with me.