IV

Aubrey's POV

I got to the airport at about 12:10, and she was by a wall sitting on top of her suitcase. When I pulled up beside her she gave me a look. Those kind of looks you give when someone you truly hate attempts to talk to you. She stood up and put her stuff in the trunk, slamming it to make sure that I understood she was upset. I was already ready for the yelling and unnecessary slanders, but she was quiet. I tried to strike up a conversation but she wouldn't talk. All she gave me was a raised eyebrow and some pouty lips. 

"So, how was the fly here? Anything new?".....No answer just another raised eyebrow but this time it ended with an eye roll. In my opinion she was acting bratty but in the same instance I would've had the same attitude just less exaggerated. The entire 30 minute ride back home was hushed. We reached the house and I was somewhat afraid that she would judge my way of living, but what do you expect from Aella? I guess she was never raised to be a decent person, but it wouldn't hurt to at least try.

We got inside and I was already prepared for the scoffs and the subtle looks of disgust. "Imma shower and then go to bed. What room am I staying in."

"You can stay on the pullout couch? I left some blankets and pillows on there."

"Cool." I was expecting a 'night' or a 'see you in the morning', but I got nothing, just a ton of dry responses. This weekend with her is going to be so exciting...I can't wait.

The next morning I slept in because let's face it, I am not a morning person nor will I give up my sleep for anyone. I got up to make myself a bowl of cereal to bring back to my room, and Aella was on the couch watching t.v.

"Morning"

"Yes." At this point you may be saying I should kick her ass out my house with all the attitude but I'm a pacifist. So I tend to keep quiet, but Something in me decided to break the ice and that enough was enough with her bratty attitude.

"Alright A, enough of the bullshit. Tell me, how's life?" She threw her head back in laughter.

"Alright alright fine since you're begging i'll tell you."

Finally, here's the Aella I know.

"It's been going alright you know, nothing I can't handle Aub."

"That's good, so what are you studying?" and just like that we got lost in conversation losing track of time until it was time for late lunch.

"Hey A you hungry?"

"I mean yeah I could eat."

"Pizza sound good?" she bursted out laughing.

"You are such a new yorker, is pizza really the only thing you people eat?"

"Well if you put it that way then yes pizza has become my fix, and soon it will become yours once you try new york's famous pizza, Prince Street Pizza."

"Fine fine."

One hour later and two boxes of pizza gone, we were finally adjusting as if we had never drifted. Which made me curious why had Aella acted out in highschool, why was she so different back then? Since we were on the topic of high school,

"Hey A?"

"Yes..."

Alright here goes nothing

"In high school, what happened to us? We were good friends and then all of sudden you start hanging out with fucking dumbass people who dragged you into shit you didn't need."

I was preparing myself for the worst. Some yelling, fighting and maybe even her walking out but what she said next surprised me. In the calmest voice ever she said,

"Somethings are better left in the past Aub, and that is where they will stay."

"You know Aella, sometimes it's good to talk about the past. It's not good to keep things bottled up. You don't have to put up your brave front anymore."

"Just leave it Aubrey"

"Fine I get it, when the time is right, but at least answer me this were you pressured into anything? Where the rumours true?"

"I don't want you involved Aub." and there it was, that stupid saying. Suddenly I felt like I was back in highschool and Aella was smoking pot behind the school. I approached her but it didn't go as planned and suddenly I was walking back home crying because there was nothing I could do to help the one person I considered a friend.

"Ok I understand Aella."

"Good." and now awkward silence just filled the room and that's when I thought, why are we wasting time on the past? We should go out and live a little.

"Hey there's a pretty cool club close by here. You wanna go?"

"Nahh I'd rather just stay inside"

"You, Aella, would rather stay inside watching reruns of Keeping Up With the Kardashians? Come on it'll be fun, we can drink and dance. It'll be dark so no one will see you. Please? I'm dying to get out the house and out of this awkward ass silence and you didn't just come all they way from greece to stay in now did you?"

She looked at me like she was contemplating whether to shoot me now to stop me from talking.

"Yeah sure I guess so."

"Yess! Okay we'll leave at 10 to get there at 11." And that's when the actual fun began.