Ark 2 - the truth

The next day, Shu Ning was roughly awakened by the constant ringing of his terminal. And not just his terminal was making such annoying sounds this early in the morning, but Sun Zhilong's was as well. It was like they were competing with each other on 'who is able to wake up the two sleepyheads first'.

In the end it was Shu Ning who crawled out of bed to put an end to the noise. However, as soon as he opened the message board, any lingering sleepyness was blown away. The entire online world was in an uproar and more and more people, soldiers and civilians, couldn't help but participate in this shocking development. And what stuck out among all those coments floating in the internet was the name Zhou An

It seemed that the fight between Shu Ning and Zhou Feng in the canteen the day before was actually filmed by someone and posted on the internet. The view in the video was very clear and even though the sound was a bit rough, the words could still be easily understood. In no time at all, the first people commented below the post. 

"Oh my god. That guy is insane. Did he really traget his own comrad like this and tried to kill him?"

"What are the soldiers doing nowadays?  Are they trying to kill each other?"

"Hey. Isn't that Zhou An? I think it is. He is supposed to be one of the best fighters in his generation."

"Zhou An? I heard of him. The rumours were all positive though. Isn't he kind hearted, strong, passionate and always looking out for others?"

"kind? You civilians just never had the oportunity to meet that guy face to face. I'm a soldier too and I had the missfortune of living close to his room. That guy never settled down. He was loud, always yelling late at night, got midnight visitors of different men and once he even broke all the furniting inside of his room. He had to pay for the damage of course and was transferred to a different place afterwards."

"I met that guy too. He always acts high and mighty and he even took away others achievements. The other soldier in the video is Yang Quan. He is a kind and strong individual. And he saved his comrads more times then one but Zhou An always got the limelight for it."

"I never met Zhou An myself, but I heard a bit about his family. He is extremely rich and lives in a huge villa almost entirely out of gold. He is supposed to have a sister, but she never appeares in public anymore. I don't know what happened to her. The parents are also gone. They never took care of the children and just got up and left at some point. I think they wanted to travel around."

"I dug into the past of that guy just now. He was severely ill as a young teen and the medical report doesn't seem hopeful at all. I even asked a friend of mine who is a doctor and he thought the same. With an illness like that, he should have died a while ago and even if by some miracle he did survive, he shouldn't be capable of leaving a whealchair. I don't understand how it is possible for Zhou An to be a soldier. There is another thing that I fould out. Zhou An lived on a different planet most of his life and only returned when he turned 14. He was supposed to live with his sister, Zhou Feng, and be cared for for the rest of his life. But shortly afterwards the girl just dissapeared. No matter how much I look, there is no information about Zhou Feng at all."

"That does sound strange. I know someone who lived near Zhou An's villa in the past. She said that the parents never had any time for the children and once Zhou An was diagnosed with the illness, they immediatly shipped him off. From then on it was only Zhou Feng living in that big house. My friend even has a picture of the two from when they were younger. [#image}"

"They look so similar in that picture. They could even pass as twins. I wonder what happenned with Zhou Feng though. No one can just dissapear like that."