#Bonus chapter - Wedding#

[1]

It was early evening and the sun was painting the sky in a beautiful mix of colors, ranging from yellow to deep red and even purple. It was a beautiful sight to behold to anyone who chose this time to look at the sky above. Though most of the people walking underneeth such a great spectacle completely disregarded the colorful display in favor of quietly whispering to each other. 

"Did you hear? The national heroes are getting married today."

"Really? Married? I never expected those two to be so close."

"What are you saying? It was inevitable that this day would come. Haven't you seen the signs?"

"What signs?"

"They are always together. They hold hand's in public. They even kiss in front of others. I even heard, that the two of them always enter the same room at night."

"Oh my."

"Hey. Are you two talking about the upcoming wedding?"

"Yes. I was just saying, that it was completely obvious that those two would get married some day."

"That's true. My uncle's best friend is a part of the military and he told my uncle, that the two of them were a match made in heaven. I think so too. I heard from someone else just now that the two even saved each other's lives multiple times."

"Yeah? That's no surprise. They look so devoted towards each other."

"That's true. How come we never even knew about them until now? They have done so much for us."

"Well. Do you remember what that woman Zhou Feng was charged with?"

"Pssst. Don't mention that bitches name. It brings missfortune."

"I remember her. How could I not."

"Right. Well. I heard that the achievements she stole were actually from Yang Quan. That woman has coveted the poor guy's happiness the entire time. She even went as far as trying to steal away the General. It is no wonder that we never knew about this. That woman's scheming runs deep."

"Let's not talk about her. This is supposed to be a joyous day, so let's keep it that way."

"Agreed."

"Agreed." 

[2]

A few hours further south from the bustling town stood a cramped wooden house. It had one window at the east side that barely let in any light from the sinking sun outside and the inside of the house was only furnished with a brown leather sofa and a small side table. At the moment, the interior looked very chaotic with the clothes scattered all over the couch and the accessoires, make-up, scissors and papers crammed together on the table. Even the floor was not spared as shoes, fabric and even wepons lie scattered around.

Only one side of the room was kept remotely clean to give a slender youth more room to look into the big mirror.

He wore a white suit with silver buttons on the front of the blaser and silver lining at the edge of the soft velvet pants. The right wrist was adorned by a grey-colourd bracelet endowed with beautiful red rubys. The feet were only covered in white socks at the moment, but the black hair was already tied up in a neatly braided chignon, held in place by chains of white and red stones.

"Are you almost ready Yang Quan?"

Shu Ning was so engrossed in his own thoughts that he didn't notice the door to the cabin silently open. Instead, he slowly turned around his own axis while watching his reflection in the mirror with fascination. Then he turned around to finally address the speaker standing in the doorway.