Ark 2 - Treason

A/N: I appologize for updating so late but I was busy with writing exams this month, so to make up for it this chapter is longer than the rest. Thanks for bearing with me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Assembled on the deck of the biggest space ship the military base had to offer, hundreds of eager and less enthusiastic soldiers stood to wait for their next orders. It would only take a little less than one hour to finally arrive at their destination and thousands of skilled warriors were already gathering together to prepare for the swarm of Sphinx. 

On top of the third army, the elders seemed to think it nesessary to include the fifth, second, first, ninth and tenth army for the mission on Samadon as well. That's why there were people pressing against each other left and right, even though the ship was easily tripple the size of any other transportation they had.  

One of the many people on deck was a lone soldier, standing in a dark corner, as far away from the others as possible, just staring out at the whispering mass. A deep frown marred the otherwise handsome facial features of the youngster and a frightening ruthelesness burned inside of his eyes. 

Luckily, no one was paying attention to the exclusive man, otherwise at least one or two would have been able to recognize the disheveled black hair and gloomy expression as the wanted criminal the soldier really was.

The corners of Wu Kang's lips turned down even more when his sweeping gaze finally settled on the two most prominent figures in the middle of the mass. A tall man with short black hair, a musculous body oozing strength and the aura befitting of a general and next to him a slimmer youth with shining blue eyes, very pale skin and a gentle smile on his face as he looked at his companion.

Wu Kang couldn't quite comprehend why the General would pay that slut Yang Quan so much attention or why their comrades looked at the two happily flirting men, because it couldn't be seen as anything else, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

It seems that Zhou Feng would need to do a lot of reforming in the military as soon as the woman takes charge.

The low beeping sound and the red flashing from the sirene over their heads quieted down the low murmuring of the soldiers and broke of Wu Kang's straying thoughts. Every soldier straightend their back automatically when the heavy doors of the ship slid open to reveal the vast open space of Samadon. A few hundred meters away the faint outline of small shrubs and rocks mark the beginning of the nest.

Though no Sphinx were yet in sight, even when all the occupants of the space ship left their metalic haven to gather in their specific teams. 

"You Know what to do."

Unnoticed, a young soldier leaned into the space of Wu Kang and whispered lowly into his ear, so that the rest of the surrounding people couldn't listen in.

"Zhou Feng. Sweetheart. You don't need to worry. I will get it done immediately."

"Good. Don't disappoint me again."

Without waiting for Wu Kang to reply, Zhou Feng plaster a wide smile on her face and stalked over to the majestic figure of general Sun. A few other soldiers turned their head in her direction when she walked past but only roled their eyes in annoyance when they recognized her.

Wu Kang watched his girlfriend grin cheekily at the other man and start a one sided conversation before he turned around himself to sneak past the many groups of soldiers. 

-------------------------

Shu Ning carefully placed his arms around Sun Zhilong's neck and pull the other's ear closer to his mouth. Hot breath lightly skimmed across the sensitive skin of the General and a barely noticable shiver travelled down the man's spine.