Ark 1 - Karma

A/N It's my Birthday today, so here is another chapter as a celebration.

---------------

Sheng Xi screamed and struggled as the police officers yanked her arms behind her back and dragged her out of the villa. It didn't take long after for the other men to follow and leave as well. What stayed in the house were now only the utterly confused party guests.

It stayed silent for a lot longer then the first time before whispers started to pass through the people again. It would definitely get chaotic soon if no one cleaned up the mess left by Sheng Xi and only Sheng Rui could take over that job, but he seemed to be caught in his own daydream as he still gazed to the door his wife disappeared through just minutes ago. 

Sheng Su watched his father's body sway from the stress and stretched out his arms to steady him. The older man's legs were visibly shaking and ready to give out, so the heir guided the other to sit on the couch beside the youngest son to calm down again while he took on the job to handle the relevant affaires.

"Shut up and listen! The party is over, so I ask you all to please leave our house. And I hope you all know not to talk nonsense to others. If you want to talk about what happened here today then do so, but then mention all the details about Sheng Xi and don't distort the truth."

No one dared to linger any longer when they saw the man's dark expression and soon the house was empty of outsiders again except for one-

Fan Li was still sitting on the same spot as before and staring into the distance. For her it was a lot to digest as well, especially because her mother was a part of this and mentioned her name in their plan as well. Because of the girl's swirling emotions and turning thoughts, she didn't hear Sheng Su's words or notice how the man walked up to her front and scowled down at her in displeasure.

"You didn't hear me? You should leave as well."

Shu Ning felt a bit of pity towards the female lead to be treated so harshly even though she was a victim as well. In the time they spend together he did develop some goodwill towards her. She was innocent and actually really kind and sweet, but only for a friend and definitely nothing more. 

The girl looked at him for a while, so he gave her a reassuring smile and hugged her close to him for a second before Fan Li was forcefully pried away from him by his Brother and  thrown out of the Villa.

"Big Brother. Do you need to be so harsh? She didn't do anything."

Sheng Su still had a dark look in his eyes but his expression visibly softened after he looked at the young boy. He looked at the other's shining eyes some more and placed his hand on the young ones head to rub it for comfort. 

Shu Ning let the man have his fun playing with his hair for a bit but got annoyed by it really fast and slapped the hand away and scowled. That though elicited a hearty laugh from the man's mouth and soon he was scooped up into his Brother's arms and placed back onto his lap.

"Brother! I'm not a child anymore. Let me down, right now."

Struggling seemed to be useless in the tight grip of Sheng Su's hands and whining in protest amused the male lead even more, so Shu Ning gave up and just settled down in defeat.

"Good. Admit defeat. You won't get away."

"Try me you hooligan. Never ever will you make me bow down to your powers."

A huge smile appeared on the youngest son's face as he flapped his arms again in a mock fight against his Brother. For a short while the happy harmony of the family came back again and even Sheng Rui smiled slightly as he watched his two sons play with each other.