Ark 3 - Escape

A/N: Hey guys. I'm sorry that my updates have slowed down recently. I have unfortunately developed problems with my eyes about a year ago and now it get's really painfull to look at a screen. As this is the last pre-written chapter of mine, I thought to send you a little notification about that. I'll still try my best to continue writing but I'm affraid that the updates will be a bit slower. I'm really sorry about that!

---------------------------------------------------

Shu Ning: "ALPHA. What the heck ist this?"

System: "W-What do you mean?"

Shu Ning: "You can't be serious. I just left a world full of danger and death and now I actually entered the bloody appocalypse?"

System: "In my defense, I had no control over this whatsoever. I wouldn't have chosen this. I swear."

Shu Ning sighed as the fight suddenly left him and he tiredly stared up at the ceiling. It had been a long day already and all he wished to do right now was to sleep for a week or so. But that, of corse, would have to wait because he was caught in the FUCKING APPOCALYPSE. And if that was not already a damper to his mood, the fact that the body he was currently occupying was the protagonists 'older brother' Shi Wei surely was.

Shu Ning: "Nothing could ever be easy could it? I'm caught in a mental health instutude surrounded by zombies, my so-called brother wants to see me dead and this body is too weak to even survive a few minutes in this hell. No wonder the plot never mentioned him again after the end of the world startet."

System: "It may look bad now, but look on the bright side of things."

Shu Ning: "And that would be?"

System: "Obviously that is.... Well.... The good thing about this is..... you can.... you are....."

Luckily (or not), the System was saved from having to finish the sentence as a loud roar sounded from the otherside of the door, that was soon followed by another one and another. Untill the whole hospital shook with the force of it. The walls vibratet, the ceiling lamp swung back and forth and the glass tubes on the tables bumped against eachother. It was terribly loud.

In no time, Shu Ning swung himself onto his shaking legs and varily looked at the closed door. The sharp knife from the system store was still tightly grasped in his hand and was now raised defensively in front of him. For a while only the howling of the zombies, the steady dripping of the blood still on the blade and his own ratteling breathing could be heard.

Then, when the dispense almost grew unbearable, the heavy iron door broke underneath the weight of a horde of zombies thowing themselves against it. As if in slow motion the door ripped itself from it's hinges and slowly tipped onto the floor, where it landed with a resonating bang. 

Shu Ning cursed when he finally got a good look at the amount of enemies sprawled on the threshold. He carefully lifted the knife higher as one of the zombie threw themself at him and hoped that his weak limbs would obey him one last time.

The first non-human was dodged easily and with a flick of his wrist, Shu Ning slashed the knife right across his opponents stomach and side. The other staggered shortly before righting himself again, but Shu Ning had no time to care about that too much when he had to block a pair of sharp claws from piercing his shoulder. Right on time, as the tip of the nails were only a hairbreadth away from his skin. 

Shu Ning pushed the zombie's appentage away from him and used the opening it created to ram his weapon into the others neck. It gave a sickening crunching noise as it sunk deep into the skin and with one last kick into the stomach, the zombie collapsed into a heap.