Ark 1 - Sheng Su

Shu Ning was harshly woken up by a string of pain traveling up his spine. Just moving around on the bed had him curse from the pain.

Shu Ning: "Fuck! What is this bed made of? How come it's so hard? My hip and back are killing me."

Shu Ning slowly scooted to the edge of the bed and toppled over his feet when he was trying to stand up. With a bang he knocked over the chair he clung onto to steady himself. Abruptly the door was opened and an anxious Sheng Rui stood in the room.

"Son. Is everything alright? I heard a loud noise. Are you hurt?"

Shu Ning just stared at him in surprise and shook his head.

"That's good to hear then. You should get ready and eat your breakfast. Afterwards we will leave for your new school."

Sheng Rui closed the door behind him again and Shu Ning washed up and changed his clothes before climbing down the stairs.

---------

Sheng Rui and his wife already sat at the breakfast table when Shu Ning entered as well. He sat down at the furthest chair away from Sheng Xi and stared intently at the food in front of him. His longing expression towards all the delicacy's earned a low chuckle from Sheng Rui. Shu Ning blushed lightly and moved around on his chair uncomfortably.

"You can already start eating, son. Your brother is busy, so you don't need to wait."

Shu Nings eyes brightened by this and he momentarily forgot his shy exterior as he grabbed food after food and shoved it down like he was starving. At this rate he would really turn into a foody.

During the entire meal Sheng Rui's eyes never left Shu Ning's lively appetite and when ever he got the chance he would put more food on his sons plate. Sheng Xi just continued drinking her tea and smiling full of affection while she watched that harmonious father and son pair.

From the outside it would really look like an affectionate family but Sheng Xi couldn't fool Shu Ning. Even while he was burying himself in the food, he could still feel her displeasure stabbing through him like a sharp needle.

Shu Ning was used to the jealous eyes of other people but under normal circumstances he could react haughtily towards people who felt displeased with him. But now he was forced to ignore her presence and even had to pretend to be scared of her. So he could only vent internally again and bombarded her with all the swear words he could come up with.

After Shu Ning has finally eaten his fill he hastily stood up and ran outside as if he was scared to stay even a second longer at the table. Sheng Rui furrowed his eyebrows and turned to his wife.

"I'm worried about Meng Yi. He seems to awkward with other people. You must make sure to pay extra attention to him in the future and give him a lot of care."

"Of course. I will be a great mother for him, so you don't need to worry about him to much."

After Shu Ning left the mansion he sat down on one of the stones next to the gate and stretched his limbs. He went through his missions again and started to plan out his retaliation.

Shu Ning: "How are things going on your side, Alpha? Where is the Female Lead?"

System: "The Female Lead isn't doing anything suspicious. She is getting ready to leave her home at the moment. I will continue following her."

Shu Ning still had a few years left until the Male and Female Lead would meet so he had enough time to obstruct her. He had chosen the flirt skill before, because he thought it was interesting but maybe it would really come in handy now. He just had to pull Sheng Rui and Fan Li to his side and the missions would be easy.