Chapter 15

Lincoln came to the doctor's house again. He knocked the door and doctor open it.
"What happened. Why did he called you." Charlos asked.
"He thinks I helped the killer to do the murder. So he fired me."
"Is he crazy."
"I think he is. How is your daughter now."
"She is fine. She waked up and is drinking soup now."
"Can I meet her."
"Yeah sure. Come." He said and bought her to Clair's room where she was quietly drinking her soup. When Lincoln entered she glanced at him and stopped drinking the soup.
"Honey, see Lincoln is here to meet you." Charlos addressed.
"How are you." Lincoln asked.
"I am fine." Clair replied.
"Continue to drink your soup."
"Yes."
"Clair. I have to go to the team as they need my help." Charlos said to Clair.
"No daddy. I am scared there was a dead body out of our house If the killer comes to kill me. No daddy don't go." She said. Tears began to flow from her eyes and she hugged charlos.
"Dear I have to work."
"Is work more important than me."
"No. Obviously. But you know daddy is busy. But I will make Lincoln take care of you."
"Yes. I can take care of you." Lincoln said.
"No I want you."
"Please dear."
"Okay. You should go than." She said and she went to the washroom.
"Lincoln take care of her. Please."
"Yeah sure."
"Actually, she is very sensitive and as you saw that she is angry with me now also."
"No problem. Doc."
"Bye." He said and went to do work. After a while she came outside of the washroom. She looked around.
"Is daddy gone." Clair asked from Lincoln.
"Yes."
She came to the bed and settled herself down. She had a t.v in her room as well so she opened the t.v and was sitting very depressed.
"What happened." Lincoln said
"Nothing. Why."
"Then why are you sad."
"I am sad because of dad."
"But he has to do work right."
"Please stop."
"What was the feeling which you felt when you veiwed the dead."
"It was like a terror stricked my body. It the most horrible feeling which I felt 2 time."
"Why. Why 2 time. What was the first."
She stared at him for a few seconds and then she said. "When my mother died."
"I am so sorry."
"Don't be. It's natural People that everyone have to die and we can't stop them."
"But still ......"
"Let me ask you a question."
"Sure ask."
"Where were you last night. You are a detective right. So where you last night?"
"I am no more detective the chief fired me. I felt sleep last night."
"Sad. But how did you slept. When you had a burden on you neck. Okay if you slept so it means that the killer hacked your computer right."
"Yeah right. How do you know this much and I don't know why I sleeped last night."
"Let me ask you. Did somebody came to meet you last night. Did he gave you something to eat or to drink something like that."
"Actually yes........" He stopped and thought fro a few minutes and continued " let's go."
"Where."
"I want to meet someone. He will answer my questions."
"Let me go get dressed first."
He looked Clair from top to bottom.
"You're looking pretty. Just wear shoes."
"Really."
"Yeah."
"Okay wait let me take out my shoe."
"I am waiting in the car."
Clair didn't knew where Lincoln was taking her. He was driving the car seriously.
"Where are we going." Clair enquired.
"We will arrive there soon."
He stopped the car near Xyla's cafe.
"Are we going to drink the coffee."
"Of course not."
He went to the cafe and there Xyla was making the coffee. She turned around to look at the customer and she shocked to see her brother.
"What happened bro." Xyla asked.
"Where is miles."
"He went for a leave today. Did something happened."
"Hey." Clair said to Xyla.
"Hello. Who are you."
"I am Clair. My dad is his friend and he asked him to take care of me today."
"Clair. You're doctor charlos daughter right."
"Yes."
"You're cute."
"Thank you. You are also very pretty."
"You know my brother is single. He was single all his life."
"I know."
"You know. But how?"
"You're brother told me this."
"Okay. My name is Xyla. I like you."
"Thanks."
"Where can I find miles." Lincoln interrupted.
"I don't know."
"Come let's go. Baby."
"Baby." Xyla asked in shock.
"She is 10 years younger than me so what should I call her."
"Yeah, baby is fine." Xyla said.
They both went towards the car again.
"Where will we go now." Clair.
"We will go to find him."
"Xyla is very nice."
"I know."
"Why do you want to find mile. Right."
"That bastard gave me a drink last night. After drinking it I felt asleep."
"Ohh. So where are we going to find him."
"I have already called the location tracker guy to trace his location."
"You're very intelligent."
His eyes laid on her's. But she turned her face and he started to focus on his driving again.
"Where are we going."
"We are going out of the town."
"Why."
"Because he is not in the town."
"Do my dad know about this."
"No."
"He will be angry."
"No he won't because you are with me."
The beautiful view on the road was eye catching. The most pleasing thing in way for Lincoln was the presence of Clair. As she was the first ever girl who was with him. He was in a grief but he was feeling glad to have her. Finally they arrived in the place where they could find miles. They came outside from the car and started to walk towards the other car's door and opened it for Clair. She came outside of the car and said "Thank you."
They were standing outside of miles house and Clair knocked the door. Lincoln was standing right after the door and the door was opened by miles himself.
"Lincoln. Why are you here." Miles asked.
This was the moment when Lincoln punched him in his face and he Collapsed on the floor.
"What the fu*k." Miles shouted.