Chapter 21

Clair opened the door. Lincoln was there.
"Hey. I made breakfast for you."
"Don't pity me." She replied and went inside.
"Wait Clair. It's not pity."
She turned "So it's love."
He stood shocked "No it's not love."
"Then what is it?"
"I care about you."
"Why?" She shouted. "Why do care?"
"Because your my friend's daughter."
"But I want more then this. I don't want you to care about me in this way."
"What do you mean."
"I want you to love me?"
"Are you out of your senses."
"Why?"
"You're asking too much!"
"This is because I like you."
"This wasn't till yesterday."
"I also don't know when I started to fall for you."
"Listen you are just depressed that's it."
"Why is there any problem with me?"
"No. Absolutely not"
"Then why are you not accepting me?"
"You're a kid. I am a old man."
"So what?"
"You know the world will not accept you and me."
"Oh. You mean. We should live how the world wants us to live."
"No, but I am a ugly. I don't deserve a girl like you."
"You're beautiful the way you are. What is face just a body part. You know the thing which we should see in a person is humanity, loyalty and love. You have the three. I don't care about face."
"You're just saying this now. But later you would regret."
"Regret why. Will you not love. If that is it then I will definitely regret."
"I am going. Think about it."
"Bye but remember my decision will be the same tomorrow day after tomorrow or when ever you come."
"Think first" he said and moved out of her house. He was very confused. "What should I do." He went away in a confusion.

On the other hand Xyla went out of the town to meet miles in his village. He was her only best friend. When she knocked miles house door then he was amazed to see Xyla on his door.
"Xyla, you here."
"Can I come inside."
"Yes please." They both went inside and she settled on the sofa.
"What bought you here?"
"Miles, if I was hiding a secret from you! Would yous till be my friend after hearing it?"
"Yes, I will think."
"I only have you and if you didn't supported me so what will I do."
"What about Ruth. Lincoln."
"Lincoln is busy nowadays and Ruth said I am heartless."
"What" he shouted and stood up. "Why? I will break his neck."
"Don't. I just rejected him so he said that."
"It's your decision. He doesn't have the right to decline it or something."
"Will you help me?"
"I said I will think."
"Conform. Help or not."
He thought for a minute and replied "Okay. I will."
"You will not betray me after hearing the truth."
"Okay. I promise."
"My life's biggest secret is that I am the serial killer which is....... finding......"
He remained silent for a couple of minutes.
"Are you out of your mind."
"Miles please understand."
"See you are saying you are the criminal which police is finding but what if I tell the media police."
"You promised me. Will you break it."
"I can!"
"So I will suicide."
"Are you out of mind?....."
"Will you break your promise"
"Listen....."
"Will you break your promise yes or no."
"No. I promise"
"I trust this is the reason why I thought to tell my secret to you."
"Okay."
"Miles actually the serial killer which my brother is finding......." She stopped
"Yeah the killer which is finding so"
"I am the person my brother is finding."
He stood up "you're not Kidding right."
She looked straight into his eyes "Do I joke."
"Listen Xyla, why did you choosed to tell this to me. Why not to Ruth. He loves you and I know you also love him right."
Tears falled from her eyes. "So what. I don't find this love. Okay! It was just attraction which ended with time."
"If I betray you and tell everything to your brother what will you do."
"You will not betray because I am confident and that was reason why I told you everything but still you did. Then there will be nothing for me so I will just end my life."
"Do ever thought think to do this." He remained silent for a couple of minutes. "Tell me why did you killed people's you were not like this."
"It's a revenge. New year brings happiness for everyone but it brought pain for me." She wiped her tears. "On 31-december when I was ten my dad divorced my mother. You know the feeling after being left. No one knows as she was feeling the painful sensation all alone and no one was there to share her pain." Tears again filled in her eyes. "I tried to console her and she asked me take out me for dinner. When we were returning to our home then our car was out of petrol. Our car even stopped at the street not on the highway and suddenly another car stopped Infront of our car. My mom was in so much shock that she holded me and asked me to hide in under the backseat of car. I rejected it but she forced me so I did what she asked. 4 man's came out of the car and knocked the window but mom didn't opened it so they breaked the window. The holded moms hairs and dragged her out of the car. She shouted but no one came to help her. Those people slapped mom a thousand times and when they became tried of slapping so there leader shot mom direct in her heart not once but 4 times."
"Xyla are you okay?"
"They went away the next day nobody investigated on my mother death. It was more painful. The 12 years I felt a burden under my heart that why why did they killed my mother? But there was no body to answer. I only craved for revenge and you know no Matter how much tough it was still I managed to find them. So I want your help now."
"Yeah tell me how should I help you?"
"You know you have to tell Lincoln about me on Saturday!"
"Why? What are you going to do?"