Chapter 22

Phones rings. It was Xyla's mobile.
"Who is calling you right now?"
"I don't know as it is an unknown number!"
"Pick it up and put it on speaker."
She picked the call.
"Hello."
"Did you recognized me."
"No! Who are you?"
"I remember you."
"Listen don't waste my time."
"Do you remember you mom?"
She became shocked and she stood.
"Who the hell are you?"
"Tell me you remember how she died? Right."
"Who are you?"
"You are the killer. Right."
"Tell me who are you?"
"Reply my question."
"But ..."
"Tell the bloody answer." He shouted.
"You know the answer."
"So you are the murderer."
"Yeah. So what!"
"Then you must be finding me."
"Why will I find you?"
"I was the one who shot your mother. But I am thinking how do know is?"
"Tell me your name."
"Why so fast. We will meet. Definitely." And he ended the call.
"Hello... Hello...... That guy just ended the call like this. Incomplete."
"I was thinking who was he?" Miles asked.
"I don't know."
"So what you going to do?"
"I will wait. As he will definitely call me as he said."

Lincoln was thinking (Clair, why are doing this? You know I like you but I just care the world will not like me with you.)
The door bell rings. He stood and went to the door and when he opened he was shocked to see Clair came to meet him.
"Clair. You here."
"Yes, I wanted to talk to you."
"Now, I said that we will talk tomorrow."
"It was urgent."
"Okay, come inside"
She went inside and stood in the hall.
"Just talk here."
"Okay, tell me what do you want to say?"
"Listen Lincoln, I will ask this just one last time do you like me?"
He remained silent and shocked. He gave it a thought and said "You still don't understand......"
"Yes or no."
"I am not good for you."
"How do you know this."
"Because I am old."
"Just because your aged you thought you won't be good for me. Or you have no power to choose your love Infront of world."
"See I don't want to choose that's why I am saying this." He replied and he regretted that he shouldn't have said that.
"Okay." She said and turned around to go.
"Listen." Lincoln said but she didn't turned and stood still.
"Don't mind me Clair. We will always be friends."
"Lincoln I don't want your friendship. Secondly, I won't show my face to you ever again. Thirdly, you know that in love there is no limit but I stopped because the other person clearly said me I don't love you. Good bye Lincoln."
She said and rushed towards the door and went home. He didn't stopped her and he will regret it his whole life.

A message came on to Xyla's mobile. She checked the message. It was an apology from Ruth. She felt like she was waiting for his message but she replied
"What's the point for your apology. Don't you know we ask forgiveness from those who we think love us or we love them."
Her reply was a pretty painful message for Ruth but still she wanted to hear Ruth's reply as she was just watching the screen for a reply. After a few minutes the answer came.
"You know I still love you that's why I ask forgiveness from you because I still think there's a chance."
"There was never a chance and don't you know that you have to make that chance by yourself."
"Xyla, if in love we create chance so is it love?"
"So you tell me what is love?"
"Love is happiness. When you know that the other person will only give you pain and grief, still that person is the first source of happiness for you. That is what love is. You keep aside everyone for him or her, but that person keeps you aside for other things."
"But I think love is hope. You can only expect the person to love you until or unless this isn't his/her wish."
"We both have our opinion. No one can change."
"Exactly and we shouldn't change for anyone."
"Did you forgive me."
"No, I will definitely never forget you."
"I am asking for forgiveness."
"Actually tell me what have you done wrong."
"I was harsh with you today in the morning."
"Even you harsh but you didn't said anything wrong."
"Xyla."
"Good bye. Ruth" and she ended the talk. She was staring her phones screen and miles entered the hall.
"Xyla, come have food."
She looked at him and said "Yeah. But miles."
"What."
"What is love." He looked at her.
"Why are you asking such type of questions."
"Can't you reply."
"Love is failure."
"And."
"I think it ended. Love is failure."
"Nothing more."
"No, because every lover failed his first love and what's the point of second. You know every love marriage, how do know it will be successful. Failure it's what we get in every turn of our life. Come have food."
"You're brilliant you know that."
"Thank you."
She went to have food and they both were having food together. While eating food Xyla was thinking miles lines, which he said. A message came on her phone again. She thought it would be Ruth but it wasn't Ruth instead he was that guy who called her earlier. She stopped eating and stood to read his message.
(Let's meet tonight in the last building of the city. It's the dark tower. I will wait for)
"Miles do a work for me."
"What Xyla?"
"I am going to meet that guy. Tonight!"
He stopped eating and said "You can't go alone."
"But I have to."
"So what was the work that I have to do for you."
"You have to tell everything to Lincoln and Ruth. You have to bring them there."
"Okay."
"You won't stop me anymore?"
"I always learned the person that is going let that person go. I will wish you victory."
"Thanks miles." She said and went to hug him.
"I will never forget you. You're the best present which God has given to me."