| 24 - 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 |

꧁༺ ༻꧂

꧁༺ ༻꧂

Something or someone had blown up the compound with everyone in it. Calista had no idea where anyone was. She saw Tony and Cap walking over to her.

"Cal, are you okay?" Steve asked as Tojt helped her up.

"I'm fine, I think," she said, looking around at what once was the compound. "What happened?"

"Thanos happened," Tony confirmed.

The three walked over to where Thor was standing. He was watching Thanos.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

"Absolutely nothing," Thor responded.

"Where are the stones?" Calista asked.

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is that he doesn't have them."

"So, we keep it that way."

"You know it's a trap, right?"

"Yeah. I don't much care."

"Good. Just as long as we're all in agreement."

Thunder started cracking and Thor had lightning coming from his body. He held his hands out and his hammer and ax.

"Let's kill him properly this time."

The four walked towards him and he looked at them.

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life... the other half would thrive. But you've shown me... that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was... there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn."

"I'm thankful. Because now... I know what I must do. I will shred this universe... down to its last atom. And then... with the stones you've collected for me... create a new one... teeming with life... that knows not what it had lost, but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood."

"They'll never know it, because you won't be alive to tell them."

They all started fighting the Titan, hoping that the outcome would be very different from five years ago.

-

"Okay, Thor. Hit me."

Thor used his lightning, which powered energy through Tony, so he could attack Thanos. Thor threw his hammer towards Thanos, but he blocked it, using Tony's body, which discarded the hammer somewhere.

"Boss, wake up!"

Cap started fighting with Thanos, but very quickly got pushed into a pile of stone. Thor then went up against him but also got thrown into a pile of stones. He tried getting Stormbreaker back, but Thanos grabbed it before him.

He slowly started pushing the ax into Thor's chest, but couldn't do it all the way, because his hammer stopped him, seeing that Cap could after all pick it up.

"I knew it!"

Thanos discarded Thor, moving on to Cap. He started swinging the hammer and hit Thanos with it, causing him to fall back. He was fighting with him and started using lightning on him.
But Thanos got the better of him.

He started attacking Cap with his sword, throwing the hammer elsewhere. He had cut Cap's shield in half and threw him elsewhere as well.

Cap started getting up as Thanos started talking.

"All my years of conquest... violence... slaughter... it was never personal. But I'll tell you now... what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm gonna enjoy it... very, very much."

Thanos' children had come out from his ship, as the rest of his army did so too.

Cap slowly got up, tightening his shield, not giving up. He started walking forward but stopped when he heard a voice.

"Hey, Cap, can you read me? Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me? On your left."

He turned around and saw T'Challa, Shuri, and Okoye come out from a portal. Sam had come out as well as hundreds of other Avengers. T'Challa started yelling in Xhosa to the Wakandan people, and more people came out of the portals.

But the one person who stood out the most to Calista was Wanda.

Even Pepper was there.

"Is that everyone?" Strange asked.

"What? You wanted more?" Wong looked at the man.

Out came Scott with Bruce, Rhodey, and Rocket.

Everybody was there. Everybody. Cap held his hand out and the hammer came to him.

"Avengers... Assemble."