| 41 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 |

꧁༺ ༻꧂

꧁༺ ༻꧂

Wong took the three to a very snowy place, just below Mount Wundagore.

"You couldn't portal us up there?"

"My magic can only take us so far. Masters of the Mystic Arts weren't meant to tread upon the forbidden grounds of Wundagore."

Wanda grabbed the two with her powers and flew them up there. They eventually landed, seeing the dark place.

"Eons ago, the first demon, Chthon, carved his dark magic into this tomb," Wong explained as Wanda used her powers for light. "These same spells were later transcribed into the Darkhold."

A pole broke, startling the three. Wanda kept walking with the two following behind.

"There's no telling what soulless monstrosities lie within."

Wanda used her powers to set fire where it should be. She lit the last one, and a monster that was hidden behind Wong and Calista roared. Another one came forward, making Wong use his magic. Calista saw two others on the other side, so she quickly teleported to the other side of the throne in the middle, using her powers. Wanda flew up and onto the throne, getting ready to fight with Wong and Calista.

The monsters stopped and bowed down when they realized the Scarlet Witch was there

"They've been waiting for me," Wanda said as she looked back and saw a portrait of the Scarlet Witch. "This isn't a tomb. It's a throne."

Wanda was looking at the other portraits in Wundagore, while Calista and Wong carefully watched her.

"You're wondering what happens now," she guessed.

"No. That I've already accepted. But I do wonder, when you could force America to send you to any universe you want, why take her power for your own? You know it would kill her."

"For Billy and Tommy and Calista, to protect them. What if they get sick? In the infinite Multiverse, there's a cure for every illness. A solution to every problem. I won't lose them again."

"Try as you might, Wanda, you cannot control everything," Calista shakily breathed.

"But I can. Look around you. It's carved in stone. I was meant to rule everything. But that's not what I want. I just want my family."

"At the cost of a child's life?" Wong asked. "Is there no peace in knowing that even though you can't be with the ones you love, there are worlds where you are together? Is that not enough?"