| 31 - 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄... |

꧁༺ ༻꧂

꧁༺ ༻꧂

Wanda and Calista were rocking the twins, trying to get them to go to sleep.

"Sweet, sweet Tommy, don't you wanna sleep? Mommy wants to sleep. If you go to sleep, I promise you will be my favorite twin."

"Oh, come on now, darling. You know we love them both equally," Calista said as she came downstairs with Billy.

"Well, don't tell him that. No luck with Billy?"

"Tried reading to him, but for some reason, Charles Darwin's The Descent of Man made him cry even harder. Oh. Care to dance, darling?"
"Oh!"
"Mm..."

"It's almost like we're on a date."

"Mm! Keep it down, lads, I was about to get my leg over."

"Cal?"
"Hmm."

"Would you mind grabbing their binkies?"

"Oh. 'Course not. Binkies all around, I think," Calista said as she and Wanda put the boys in their cribs. Calista went off to find their binkies, and the boys started crying even harder. Wanda got overwhelmed and tried using her powers.

"Now, I know parents aren't supposed to take shortcuts, but I think this situation calls for one, don't you? So, go to sleep, my babies. And go to sleep."

But then her powers didn't work, resulting in the boys laughing.

"Why, I don't think it's very funny. Why won't you do what I want?"

"What's that dear?" Calista asked as she walked into the room. She held the binkies up to her ears, canceling some of the noise out. Wanda took them from her hands, saying, "That is not where those go!"

"Is noise canceling not their primary function?"

Wanda gave the boys their binkies, making them quiet for a short few seconds.

"Ooh."
"Look, I think it's..."

They spit their binkies out and they went somewhere on the floor.

"Cal?" Wanda spoke.
"Mm."

"What are we doing wrong?"

"Oh, don't worry dear. We'll figure it out. Perhaps we all need more time to get to know one another."

"Maybe. Or maybe we just need some help."