| 30 - 𝐖𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐔𝐏𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐌 |

꧁༺ ༻꧂

꧁༺ ༻꧂

After the snap, everybody was coming back. Everyone they lost, they were coming back. Including Monica.

Monica rushed out of the hospital room, seeing everyone rushing around.

"Excuse me..." she tried.

"They're all coming back. We don't have the capacity."

"Excuse me. Excuse me. I'm looking for a patient In room 104..."

"Who, my wife? Do you have a phone?"
"No."
"I have to call my wife."

"Excuse me. I'm looking for a patient in room number 104."

"Ma'am, I don't know what to tell you."

Monica started looking around, starting to panic. She has no idea where her mom could even be.

"Monica?"

"Oh, Dr. Highland, thank God!"

"I can't believe it!"

"Uh, I was..."

"Where did you go?"

"Well, in her room since she came back from surgery. I mean, I might've fallen asleep but no longer than 20 minutes. Dr. Highland, where's my mom?"

"Your mom, she died, honey."

"What? No. No, no, no, no, you're mistaken. My mother... The procedure went well. You said so yourself. Clean margins. You're discharging her today."

"The cancer came back."

"Okay, stop, stop. No, you're... My mom is Maria Rambeau. Look it up. I mean... Look it up. 'Maria Rambeau.'"

"Monica. I don't understand what's happening, but you need to listen to me. Maria died three years ago."

"Three? No. No. No, no..."

"Which was two years after you..."

"After I what? After I what?"

"After you disappeared."

-

Monica returned to work shortly after she came back. So, it was her first day back. She tried swiping her key card to get in, but it didn't work.