1| The Dead are Still Alive

Third person's POV

Life is unfair and uncertain.

Nobody knows which path they had to walk on, that would make sense to them. Life throws us in a battlefield completely unprepared for what's about to come and it purposely makes us lose most of those battles.

And all those times we wonder why 'us'?

Why does it had to be us to go through these scale of unprecedented battles—

Some lose hope and some don't.

The ones who keep fighting wins but that doesn't mean the hardships are over. And even after their victory from one, the next battle would be ready to strike when they'd least expected it.

The truth is that, no one would ever know what's in store for them, the hardships that we face have a very peculiar way to heal the scars that we received from them.

But life never lets everything stay the same.

Broken hearts would eventually relearn to love again, the void and emptiness in the hearts would soon be subdued, the loneliness would be replaced some day, and for every tearful sad day and painful dark night, another morning would come bringing a new source of light which would give yet another chance to smile.

Because that's how life works—

And that's how it was supposed to work for Arabella Mia King.

She was supposed to live happily with her new found family, but she never got that chance. Every moment she had an ounce of happiness and freedom from her sorrows, something or someone was ready to come and suck the contentment out of her life.

Her journey to salvation had remained dreadful and devastating but it didn't stop her once.

To this date, she had woken up every other morning, against all odds and logics, against her messy life full of hardships and failures— with just a small amount of courage and a leap of faith in herself.

She had given herself time to heal but it was the time that had betrayed her every time.

Time was supposed to heal her and her emotionally deep inflicted wounds. It was supposed to help her bounce back but her time since her birth had been working against her, as if it had some kind of a personal vendetta against the Mafia princess.

Her fates had seemed to make a cruel joke on her, they are probably laughing at the two contrasting situations of her and her family.

On one side, the King mansion had been filled with sorrow and grief of pain of their loss.

Their emotions had been merciless on them and their misery grows with every passing second, being completely unaware of the fact that the two bodies inside the car were not of their two kins.

But those bodies were supposed to be there, it was the plan made by Kieron Sanders with the forces he adjoined his hands with, to bring the King's down.

The youngest prince and the only mafia princess were supposed to be dead and unbeknownst to everyone, and even to those enemies, they were still alive.

And at the moment those foes were enjoying their deaths, ready to strike the King's at their lowest, because that was their real plan all along— to strike and wipe out the name of the King's when they were grieving and least prepared.

As the members of the King's family lowered down the empty caskets, a couple of loud blasts were heard as their cars outside the cemetery blew up.

Incoming calls on their phones informed them that their buildings, warehouses, hotel, mansions and every other property that they own had been met with a similar fate as those cars.