5| At the Hospital

LUCCA'S POV

"You can either go back to your family or stay here with your sister in hiding, the decision is all yours Lucca." Elric Ivanov stated, staring at me while waiting for me to answer.

My eyes instantly looked at my sister, whose red puffy eyes were already staring right back at me with fear and uncertainty clouding them.

"You should go Lucca, they need you there, at least one of us should get to go back home." Arabella said softly as her eye now stared down at the ground.

She was scared and anybody could tell by taking just one glance at her, and there was no way I was going to leave her alone.

"No, I'll be staying here with Arabella, for however long it takes—"

💋 R E V E N A N T 💋

Standing outside the door of my mother's hospital room, my hands trembled to reach the door knob to open it. I was feeling everything collapsing that hasn't already been destroyed in my life yet.

My life for the past two years felt like everything had gone extensively wrong, there were times where some things that could go smoothly as ever felt as rough as it possibly could.

My life wasn't hard, it was mostly messy.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss my family every second of staying apart, it pained me immensely but not once had I regretted my decision of staying with Arabella.

"You okay there son—" I felt a hand pat my shoulder as I turned to look back at my father who was staring at me in concern.

No I am not, I'm tired and falling apart—

The only thing my heart yearned right now was for his protective embrace to be wrapped around myself.

I wanted to hear him tell me that I was safe and protected with him, like how I had been used to hearing while growing up.

Being the youngest I was pampered the most, and I guess that was one of the reasons people considered me the 'weakest' member or the 'baby' of the family.

Not just my parents, even my brothers- Dante, Enzo and the twins would treat me like a child, of course the twins made fun of me at any possible chance, which I'm mostly certain because they were jealous of the attention I got but it still didn't hold them back from treating me any different than the others.

I was never really taken seriously.

A sigh left my mouth seeing the concerned expressions on my father's face turning more and more worried.

"What happened to her dad?"

I finally let the question roll out of my mouth, that had been stuck at the back of my throat which was almost killing me slowly and tirelessly.

Well not literally but it still feels so real—

"She took your death harder than any of us did." Dad replied looking towards the door longingly as he mentioned my mother.

"Why is that?" I asked, getting angry as my brain more fiercely started to blame me than it was before.

Dad didn't answer but right away turned to look my way with a question in his eyes, I knew that he sensed my question wasn't really meant for him to actually answer.

I wasn't sure if it was rhetorical either but I didn't stop at that because the frustration poured out of me like waves of water that had been restrained for too long to let flow.