24| Christmas spirit

ARABELLA's POV

Yesterday was extremely tense and eventful, but it was relieving at the same time.

I was glad to be able to tell Dad everything and to see him revert to his former self. This was something he needed to break free from the shell he had created for himself.

This obviously wouldn't solve his problems, but the fire, I'm sure, would have sparked the start of his fight with them.

It was heartbreaking to see him lose himself in the process of loving his children and forgetting that he is just as worthy.

I hope that he begins to live for himself, since all he ever did was live for us.

After the revelation with Dad and grandma, we all agreed that it was time for grandpa to finally return home. We didn't bring him right away because that could have aroused suspicion in front of Elric.

And grandpa had decided that he wanted a grand entrance and had already made a plan for that.

Dad, Alexander and Dante decided to go back earlier than Lucca, Rhett and I. My older brothers went home right away to keep an eye on Elric, whereas Dad chose to spend some time with his parents before returning home.

Rhett, Lucca and I went to Gym to clear our heads and after the much needed unwind, we headed back home later that evening to find Elric waiting for us with his bags packed.

He told us he was going back to Russia for an important meeting and would be back soon before 'He' arrived, and thankfully 'his' flight got delayed and now he'd be coming a day or two later.

I was ready to tag along to keep a track of what Elric was doing or what this meeting was about, but he assured me that it wasn't important and he'd keep me updated with what happened.

He left soon after, and because everyone was exhausted from the day's events, we all decided to have a quick dinner before going to bed to get our much needed sleep.

One thing that bothered me throughout the dinner was how distant our entire family had become, and it wasn't just with me, but even between themselves. And the tension between Kyson and Mason was the most noticeable.

Since Kyson's return I have not seen him interact with anyone much, but with Mason, it's as if they haven't spoken at all.

Which made me wonder, what is it that happened between two brothers who would have done anything for each other? They were each other's priorities and now they act as if the other one's presence is non-existence.

I was curious about what happened between them.

And who better to turn to than my oldest brother?

Turns out, they had a heated argument right before Kyson's disappearance. They took out their pain with words that slashed right through hearts and now they don't know how to begin healing those wounds.

Mason was shockingly the rational one in the fight, who was trying to bring some sense into Kyson, who had left with a parting words that must have made Mason feel terrible.

Kyson accused Mason of never wanting me to live with them to begin with, and now that I was gone, he probably was relieved.

It was a terrible blow and I don't even want to begin with thinking what Mason must have felt at that moment, but when Alexander told me what happened between them, I was pissed.

How could Kyson use Mason's fear and regret to win an argument.

I would have never thought Kyson could do that, but I also understand why; he lost the two people he was the closest with, but so did everyone.