16| All Hell broke loose

(A/N: Just a small request, even to my silent readers, please be vocal of your thoughts on this chapter through your comments.

I just want to see your views so I could use your point of view for the next one!!

Thank you❤️)

ARABELLA'S POV

An uneasy feeling crept over me as I sat in my brother's office with Lucca next to me and Alexander and Dante in front of me.

After the drive back home, Rhett led me to Alexander's office and left.

I entered the office to see Lucca was already there sitting carelessly in front of our two oldest brothers.

As soon as I sat down, my gaze was drawn to the photo frame on Alexander's desk, and I stared at it, recalling the moment this photograph was captured.

In the frame were two happy siblings, the oldest brother who was holding his youngest sibling; his only sister, on his shoulders with the widest smile on his face and a happy gleam in his similar blue eyes to the girl.

While the sister had the index finger of both of her hands inside her mouth, pulling and stretching her cheeks into a broad grin, making a goofy face as she confidently sat on her brother's shoulder with each leg on either side, without an ounce of fear on her face.

It was just happiness.

The photo was one of the many happy memories I shared with Alexander. The cheesiness oozed from the photo and yet, it was something I cherished.

I miss this–

But I wasn't the same girl anymore, and by the looks of it my oldest brother wasn't the same either.

My eyes slowly averted their gaze from the picture, my heart heaving painfully from the thought of what I was planning on doing.

Locking my gaze with my oldest brother, who was already looking at me with soft expressions, I saw the sadness lurking behind his empty eyes, which he didn't mask as his eyes fleeted between me and the photo he had on his desk.

Alexander and I had an inseparable bond even for the short span of time I stayed with them.

He always knew what I wanted or was feeling without having to say it out loud and this bond was something I had only ever shared with him and Kyson out of all my brothers, even including Dad.

But now the bond that I had with him was feeling like it was beginning to crumpling with every passing second.

Especially since yesterday, he had avoided me like the plague and it was starting to feel like we were two strangers rather than two siblings.

Why does my life have to be so complicated?

Remembering my motive, the fire of revenge in my heart subdued the feeling of remorse that was starting to eat me up.

My eyes blinked and the earlier lost expressions on my face turned blank as I bluntly stared at my brother who was quick to notice the change of my mood.

"We agree to your demand." Alexander was the first one to break the silence, as his voice sounded surprisingly calm.

"But?" I asked, knowing that my brothers weren't idiots, I'm sure they had added their own conditions to somehow gain a leverage on this entire dilemma.

"We'll give you the full jurisdiction and authorisation to both our Mafias once you turn 18, and I'm guessing Lucca will be the underboss for both of the organisations. So until then, the two of you will be staying in this house, and once you turn 18, both of you will have to pass the trials to become a member of our Mafia." Alexander said and I smirked.