6| Everything's not going to be fixed

ARABELLA'S POV

"Arabella, this is solely your own decision. If you want to go back then we'd understand and I'll arrange your safe travels back home and if you chose to stay then remember that nobody can find out that you are still alive, not until we are ready." Elric Ivanov said as my mind kept repeating the recent discovery in my head.

It felt like my world had completely frozen at that very instant, everything stopped making sense as my thoughts left me with a whirlwind of emotions, none of which seemed to calm me down.

The decision to stay meant that I wasn't going to see my dad, my older brothers, my cousins, my uncles and aunties, my grandparents, my friends and my Rhett, the guy that had unknowingly made his way inside my heart, refusing to leave as he brought along bright light to my darkness.

I had made a rookie mistake.

I started to believe that my life is finally finding some sort of peace, that finally my life might go in the right direction, that it was finally ascending the mountains of happiness.

But I had only been fooling myself all this time.

It's funny actually, my life has become a pitiful laughing joke. It's like the universe had been working against me, playing a sick game with me since the moment I was born.

A sniff left my mouth as my eyes involuntarily closed which resulted in releasing a set of stray tears that I had earlier managed to keep at bay.

"Arabella—" Lucca started but I cut him off.

"I'll stay—"

💋 R   E   V   E   N   A   N   T 💋

Do I regret my decision of staying?

I really don't know—

A sigh escaped my lips as I stood outside the gates of the mansion, looking at the building as I put off going inside as long as I could.

Do I want to go inside?

Nah not really—

Should I?

Yeah, most probably—

With that, I made my way inside with my thoughts creating a mess inside my head as I battled to internally prepare myself for what might wait for me inside.

Chaos

Lucca had stayed behind with the rest as doctors were checking up on Auntie Isabella to make sure of whether she was ready and safe enough to come back home.

The moment Dante punched Gianni, he instantly left to god knows where while leaving the twins and I alone as we silently waited outside knowing that it was better to let Dante cool down.

But we didn't stay out there for long as the door to auntie's hospital room opened revealing a frantic looking aunt who immediately pulled me into her arms the moment she saw me.

And we stayed there holding on to each other as her loud sobs filled the corridor, a few tears left my eye as I quickly pushed them back while letting auntie Isabella cry in my arms.