~five~

You were arriving at work, feeling a bit excited of how things might go. Upon arriving to your desk, you could tell Andy wasn't there yet because of the darkness in his office. But you still went to prepare his coffee for when he comes. You came back with his coffee and waited. While waiting did some doddles when the doors of the elevator suddenly open. "Good morning Y/N" Andy says.

"Mrs. Barber! Good morning. I've prepared your coffee already" you say, quickly getting up. Andy gives you an affiliative smile and takes his coffee. "Thank you" he says, in a deep but husky voice. "Nice drawings by the way" He points out to them, making you slightly blush.  Andy goes in his office with you following behind. "So what's this case we are gonna solve" you ask.

"We will talk about that later" Andy retorts. "Can you go downstairs and get some files"

"uh sure" you reply, leaving the room. "Thanks" he shouts.

Looks like he really is changing...

When you got back, Andy was waiting for you. "Here let me help you with those" he says, taking it from you. "Its fine" you say. They weren't even that heavy anyways. He placed them down, "Okay so I want you to help me with some of these. It's for the case I'm working on" He looks up at you. "Sure, what am I suppose to search?" you ask.

"A file of a man name Carl Levison" Andy says. 

"Okay well give me some of does and I will make myself bac-"

"You can stay here If you want" he interrupts. "So you won't have to come in and out"

"Well might as well get comfortable" you chuckle. Andy smiles and sits down. 

You began scanning through the papers but you notice how Andy will occasionally gaze at you. It was a nice gaze almost as if he were appreciating you. You felt a little tickle going on in your stomach.

Hours went on and you guys still couldn't find it. "Have you found anything" Andy asks. You huff, "Nope this is the last file"

"Fuck" he mumbles under his breath. "Maybe its somewhere else" you said, trying to give some hope. "Maybe" he mutters. "You may go now" 

"Oh I didn't even notice the hour" you giggle. "Well goodnight, don't stay up all night." Andy hums, "Mhm" 

You make your way out but took one look at him and he look tired. That's when a light bolt appeared on your head. You make yourself outside and walked to a Thai food restaurant. Andy hadn't ate so you were gonna bring him dinner. 'wait why am I even doing this'

Your thoughts were interrupted by the woman who asked for your order. 'Well It's just for today' you thought. 

You open his office finding him still working. "Y/N what're you doing here" Andy asks, getting up. "oh just brought  some dinner for us" you smile

Andy smiles, "Thank you, you are really sweet." He takes the bag and gives you a warm smile "oh and I'm here to help you too" you say. Andy gives you a pity face, "Y/N you really don't have to. This could probably take all-"

"I don't care if it takes all night. I'm here to help you. End of discussion" you sat down, beginning to take the food out. He sighs, sitting down helping you set the food. "So who is this Carl guy, whats up with him?" you ask. 

"He is a murderer who apparently is set out free." 

Huh just like you but he didn't need to know that, not yet. "What did he do?" you mumble, with your mouth fill with food. "He murder a kid." he affirmed "The kid was 6 and for some reason he is set free." 

"That sucks" you added. "Do you know where he is?" 

Andy silently huffs, "He keeps moving. He doesn't want to be found." Andy acknowledged. There was a brief silence of moment, just two guys eating. "You probably know about my...my backstory." he murmured. 

You didn't know how to respond. "Yea i do...I'm sorry for what happened" 

Andy stood up and left the room. 'Looks like crybaby Andy is gonna go cry in the bathroom.' You grab some of his food to eat it. A few minutes pass when he came back in. "I'm sorry, I just had to go to the restroom" he says, a crack on his voice. "It's fine" you said. 

"You can go home now. I'm also leaving" Andy says. 

"Uh okay, well goodnight Mrs. Barber" 

He looks at you, "Goodnight Y/N"

You left the room, wondering if there were any more secrets to his story. Andy Barber may have lose his family and you felt somewhat bad. But that doesn't mean that you will stop from doing your mission. 

You heard your phone ring.

"what" you answered. 

"Did you get the job back" he replies. 

"Yes I did" -you

"Good our client is growing very impatient Y/N." 

you sigh, "Okay okay I will try my best...Can I know who it is?"

"No thats none of your concern" he responds. "Goodbye"

Well now you were full of questions. Who was the person that wanted Andy Barber dead?