~thirty one~

~a week later~

The day of going back to the past came, Andy couldn't feel less worried and scared but for a reason a bit of excitement. You could see that though his eyes and the way he was shaking. It was November, a few more weeks till thanksgiving and it was chilly outside. "You should put on a sweater." you said. "No I'm fine" Andy was driving at some bridge, his shaking hands made you nervous since he was one to control the steering wheel while the other one rested on his lap, you were scared that he could a do a accident that can cost your lives. You place your hand on top of his his and wrap it around. He gives you a warm smile and holds it tightly. 

4 more miles till you get to Newton. You close your eyes, you were tired for it was 6 am when you woke up. "You can rest sweetheart" Andy says. He didn't need to say twice cause you were snoring already. He chuckles upon hearing your cute little snores. God where would he be if you weren't for you.

Your eyes open when you felt the car stop. "Are we here" you yawned. Andy nods and takes a deep breath. "Hey everything will be alright. We are here to do one easy job and then we leave" you reassured. You guys get out the car shivering upon the invitation of the cold wind running through your skin. "Wow it's really cold out here" Behind was tall trees and leaves scattered everywhere. 'Cold spring park'

"So where do we go now?" "We have to go to the courthouse " he said. "Should we back in the car then?" "No let's take a walk first. We have time" You shrugged and follow him through a trail. It was very cold compared to Ny, "Hug me I'm cold" you grumbled. He lets out a small chuckle and wraps his arms around you. As you were walking you noticed some people walking by, they would stare at both-no him with eyes widen. You of coursed noticed how uncomfortable he looked. "This is a nice place" you said to break the silence. 

"Yea it is" he replies. "Andy." "Yea?"  "I love you with all my heart" you said. "I love you more the anything else." Andy smiles. You knew that the courthouse was a few miles away which only meant one thing, he was leading you to his once upon a time home. "Have you always lived in Newton?" you ask. "No, I moved here when I was around 14." 

The trail ended to a road and houses in front. It was a cool place to raise a family, you thought. Houses beyond houses nonstop, you were getting tired of walking and was cold. You were going to complain when he suddenly stops, you look up to see a blue house with a red front door. He just stands there, looking at house with pure sadness written on his face. "These used to be my old life" Andy murmurs. You stare deeply into the house and  wondered at the same time where would you have been if he didn't lose his family. There was a long silence of him staring at the house which was making you a bit uncomfortable. "Andy we should-" "Andy Barber" A voice says behind. You both turn around to see a tall man with brown hair, asshole looking type of guy walking towards you both. "Logiudice" Andy says. 

"When I heard you were coming back and I was quite surprised." The man says. "Oh trust me I didn't want to be here in the first place" Andy says in his deep mean voice. The man turns his attention to you. "And who are you?" You smiled politely and gave out your hand. "I'm Y/N Y/L/N, Andy's personal assistant" You were going to say boyfriend but that wouldn't have been appropriate. He takes your hand and shakes it. "How is life" the man says. "Oh fuck off Neal" Andy said. "No I seriously mean it. Look I never got to say this but I'm sorry for what happened" Andy scoffs and rolls his eyes. "I'm just here to do my job, so if you leave me alone and never show your face. It will be very helpful for me." Neal sighs, "Fair, It was nice seeing you again" and he walks back to his car. 

"Who was that?" "An asshole" he immediately says. "Oh I could see that but who was he in your life?" "He is a assistant District Attorney alongside with me. Reckless guy" Andy said. You hum, "Is the house still on sale or what. It looks abandon." "I don't know but it doesn't matter. Lets go" he gets ahold of your hand pulling you. 

You guys arrive to the county courthouse, it was an ugly building. "What a shithole" you mutter.  As you entered, you notice eyes were all over on both of you. Andy didn't care, he just wanted to this over with so he could go back home and have dinner in the couch while watching romcoms with you. He lead the way and was walking quite fast. "Slow down" you insist. Andy barges inside an office, kicking the door, "I heard you need me what is it." A group of people sitting around in a round table turn to look at you both. "Andy..." A woman says. "Lynn" he responds. You just stood there with a confused look on your face. 

"What do you need me for. Make it fast" Andy says. The woman nods, "Come sit down-" "No I don't need to sit down, just tell me what you want" he cuts her of. The woman sighs, "Andy we called you because you're one of the best lawyer's we known-" "Oh so that's it huh" Andy once again cuts her of. "Andy listen it isn't only about that but it involves the incident of your family"

"What" his expression rapidly changes from mad to sorrow. You furrow your brows, confused by all the commotion. What...you thought