Forty eight

FBI cars and agents, ambulance trucks were surrounded the school. There were civilians snooping and gossiping, trying to see what was going on. But that didn't matter. Right now you found yourself in an ambulance car, sitting down and wandering into space. The only family you had was gone. Sure he was an asshole and evil but he was your brother. You sniffed, crinkled your nose and wiped the tears. "Hey sweetheart." Andy sits next to you. A small sad smile spreads your lips, "Hey Andy bear." "Come here" he says, spreading his arms for you. You crash onto his body, pushing your head into his chest. "Why did he do that. We could have live a normal life, I could have helped him " you whimpered. 

"I wish I had the answer sweetheart." he whispers. You look up to meet his face. A small sleepy smile forms his lips before pecking a kiss on your head. "Andy" you said. "What's up." he says. "What will happen to all those kids?" 

You both turn to look at the FBI escorting children and the agents into trucks. "I don't know but they will get help they need. I'll make sure of that." he responds. You hum, relief for them. "What will happen to us? Will I be put in prison? I deserve it anyways." you sighed. "Y/N don't say that. You were manipulated. Controlled. It wasn't your fault." Andy says. "If you had a place you wanted to escape to. Where would you go?" you asked. He smirks, "Bueno aires"

A small giggle escapes your lips, "Buenos Aires. That's different. Why there?" Andy scoffs, "Is it not cool. It sounds like a cool place to me." "Relax grandpa...but why does it sound cool?" you smiled. "There was an article about it. It's the Paris of South America." Andy dorkily said. "Paris?! We literally went there. Your such a lovey dorky bird." you chuckled. "I am full of love mister." 

"What would you do once we get to Bueno Aires?" 

Andy hums, "Hmmm, I guess learn how to dance the tango." "PFft really?! Oh Andy barber how much I will make fun of you." He frowns, "Do you know how to play the tango Y/N?" "No, hell I don't even know what tango is." you said. "Well we can get tango lessons in Buenos Aires. Bueno Aires is filled with wonderful people who dance tango." he says. "Don't you think we should keep low profile?" Your smile suddenly disappeared.

Andy slightly pulls away from the hug to cup your cheek with his right hand, "No. They're going to forget all about us and we're going to have a long, happy wonderful life in Argentina together. Two simple man who love dancing tango. We'll have children and our children will have children." he chuckles. "That sounds beautiful. Although I am to young to have kids but you never know and I will probably be a bad parent" you shrugged.  "Nah sweetheart you will be perfect." Andy kissed your forehead and you do the same before resting your head on his shoulder. "I love you Andy barber." "I love you more Y/N Y/L/N." Just two love birds that love each other. Andy was gonna make it happen, the Bueno Aires adventure, learning tango. He will fight for it to make it all come true...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next couple of weeks were chaos. Many of the children didn't have homes to go and the mind controlled agents are suffering from trauma. You looked at yourself in the mirror. A nice suit and tie will impress the judge, hopefully. Today was the day of your finally trial after so many. Today It will decide whether to set you free or send you straight to prison. You took small breaths and rubbed your sweaty palms on the pants. "Everything is gonna be alright." you mutter.

"Sweetheart it's time to go." Andy leans on the door. You turn to face him and like always he looked professional and sexy in the suit he wear on. "Is it messed up that I'm turn on by seeing you in that suit on my trail day?" You giggled Andy scoffs with a small chuckle at the end. 

Slowly you made yourself into his body, hugging him. "Promise me if it goes wrong and I get sent to prison. You will move on." "Y/N everything will be alright. Have faith." Andy strokes your hair, fingers running through the scalp. "Let's go now baby." he takes your hand. You accept it and walked with him out the door. Faith is the only thing you got...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a raw drizzly morning, what seemed like hundreds reporters gathered at the courthouse, just down the street. Your lawyer that Andy contact, Miller was awaiting for you both in the parking lot. Miller wore a green suit, white shirt and blue tie which was odd. Carried an ancient briefcase with coffee on his other hand. He looked young maybe around his late 20s. You thought there was a magical quality about him. A sense of calmness surrounded him which you needed. 

"Mr. Barber, Y/n. Good to see you again." he shakes Andy's hand and moves on to yours. Miller peaked down the block at the reporters, who loafed and chatted. "All right," he said. "We've done this before but just in case to remind you. From this moment, when we walk to the courthouse, I want you to show nothing. No emotions, keep a poker face. Got it?" he looks at you both. You smiled tightly in response. "I'm a potted plant." Andy assured him. Miller nods, "Great so let's get going." Andy grips your hand tightly sending a warm smile to you. Here goes everything.

So you did as you were both told. You kept your feet moving through the mob of reporters waiting for the both of you in front of the courthouse. You showed no emotions, answered no questions, pretended they didn't exist. Microscopes  bristled and probed in your faces. They kept shouting, "How are you doing?" "Mr. Barber did you know Y/N was a killer but hid it from us just like you hid the proof that your son was a killer?" 

The grip of his hand on yours tighten. You held Andy's hand as you both pushed through the lobby. Finally you were both alone in the elevator. As it rode to the fifth to the courtroom, Andy peeks your cheek earning a small giggle from you. He loved seeing you smile.

When the doors rattled open, you both marched through the crowded lobby to courtroom 5A. Waiting  on the front center bench  until the case was called. Awkwardness filled the room before the judge took the bench. You both took your sits in the front. Turning to scan the room, you noticed a lot of people you knew were there, your co-workers from the office and other lawyers. "Everyone everyone may take a seat except Mr. Y/L/N. Mr. Y/L/N Please raise you hand." 

You raised it. "Do you solemnly swear to tell the true and true only?" she asks. "Yes I swear." you calmly said. "Great, court in session." And It all begins. They asked you questions, some were easy some were complicated but you managed to answer them all calmly. The other lawyers would try tearing you down but Miller was there. He was a good lawyer. Yes you killed people and you regretted it. They jury saw it in you. After all you were a child when they turned you into a murder, controlled you, took away your life from you.

"From all your declarations They jury has decided that you are free to go. I declare you, Y/N Y/L/N a free man." the judge banged his gravel but he did so with an indulgent smile There was cheer, a cheer and Andy and you hugged. You were finally a free man, free to decide what to do next with the man of your dreams. :)

(Wow what a heck of a ride. Tomorrow will be the final chapter and I'm so grateful for all of you. Thank you very much of reading my story)