56. weekend break

jens pov
i inhale deeply as my eyes flutter open before squinting shut again. the blinds are open and the sun is shining hot through the window.
i roll over.
forgetting where i am and who i'm with for a moment, i throw my arm out expecting to hit the pillow beside me.
instead my forearm makes contact with something soft, which makes a grunt sound.
i gasp and open my eyes to be met with gerards bed head as he rubs his chest that i accidently hit.
"oh i'm sorry...i forgot i wasn't alone" i whisper as i lay back down.
i close my eyes again, feeling my neck and face heat up, remembering last night.
it's silent again before gerard speaks into the quiet room;
"i've decided where we're going tonight"
his voice is a lot more rough in the mornings, gravelly and masculine.
i try to pay it no attention as i turn to look at him.
"i found a place online whilst you were sleeping"
there's silence again as he yawns deeply, making me yawn also.
"so can i know where?" i ask rolling over onto my side to face him, propping my head up on my hand.
"nope" he smirks.
i roll my eyes, laughing slightly.
"so what are you doing today?" he asks.
"i have nothing to do" i reply, feeling a pang of guilt as i remember my lie to justin and the kids that i was still away filming.

that day we barely got out of bed, apart from using the toilet and making each other coffee and cereal.
we turned the tv on and watched some recorded things that i needed to catch up on, which meant gerard had to sit through an episode of jersey shore and two episodes of bachelor in paradise.

there was still that air of awkwardness between us that was there when we woke up. like waking up in a strangers bed after a one night stand.

even after nagging consistently to know where he was taking me, gerard wouldn't spill, so being fake moody i headed upstairs to get ready.
i didn't want to go too extravagant but still pretty enough that you can tell this is a date...of sorts.
i opt for a white floral dress, spaghetti straps and plain neckline, with white heels.
i make it more fancy with the gold jewellery, keeping makeup and hair simple.

i grab my bag off the bed and head downstairs where gerards stood waiting in a simple dress shirt and pants.
my heart jumps into my mouth as i realise he's wearing one of the shirts justins worn before.
i shake it out my mind as i approach him, smiling as i run my hands over his chest, our lips touching briefly, gently.
"shall we go?"
i nod, still smiling as we head out, gerard climbing into the drivers seat.

as we pull into the car park and drive around the back so we can enter without the paps seeing, i squint up at the name of the restaurant.
i realise it's an italian place i've somehow never been too, it's so close to our home aswell.

gerard helps me out and we walk quickly through the back, down a corridor beside the kitchens, and then into the calmingly quiet restaurant.
it's dimly lit, the tables are well spread out and italian music plays quietly in the background, creating a nice ambience.
we sit down at a table in the corner, gerard pulls my chair out for me; something i'd forgotten was even a thing it's been so long since i've been out for a meal with any male for that matter.
again justin creeps into my head but again i push him out.

after a while of flicking through the menu and deciding what we want, a waiter comes over to ask for our drinks of choice.
i order a martini and gerard orders something called a genius? or maybe it was geese?
i'm left wondering what that drink is as the waiter leaves.

gerards pov
i watch her as she stares into space, a slightly confused look on her face.
"what are you thinking about?" i ask just quietly enough for her to hear me.
she sits up straighter as her startlingly blue eyes find mine.
"i...was just wondering what sort of drink a genius is" she says with a slightly raised eyebrow.
i stifle my laugh as i look down, shaking my head.
"what?" she asks, starting to giggle.
"you mean a guinness?"
we both laugh at her mistake.
"well why don't you try it and find out" i say as our waiter returns with the drinks.
hers looks so dainty and feminine compared to mine.
she hesitates at first, looking at the glass of yellow / brown liquid.
she gingerly lifts the glass to her lips.
i press my lips together to hide my smile, but i can't help but let out a loud laugh as her face screws up at the taste.
"ughk" she splutters, taking a sip of her martini to wash the taste of my lager down.

over dinner i find myself staring, noticing little details i hadn't before; when she's really concentrating on what you're saying her eyebrows twitch, knitting together.
or how she has the habit of twirling the same piece of hair and pushing it back behind her ear every five minutes.
i know we agreed, even without saying it, that this wasn't going to be an official thing or anything serious.
just a bit of fun.
but it's been in the back of my conscience for a few days now; how much i want to ask her out as my girlfriend, or atleast have a conversation about where we expect this "thing" to go.

jens pov
i see gerard start to zone out slightly as i'm talking.
i cock my head to the side, laying my hand on his forearm.
"i'm rambling aren't i"
"what? n-no i-"
"come on, i can think of somethings that aren't gonna bore you anytime soon" i smirk mischievously with a wink.
i guess the three martinis are starting to get to my head.

we pay the bill and get a cab, stumble into my home, taking full advantage of the empty house, partaking in raw passionate sex.

after having maybe the best night sleep ever I'm awoken by gerard placing kisses along my jaw and down my neck.
i sigh contently and stretch, lifting my neck to allow him more skin.
"what's happening today?" he mumbles as his hand travels under the sheets down between my legs.
i take a few shuddering breaths, trying to focus on answering his question as the heat starts to overwhelm me.
"i'm gonna facetime the kids soon" i whisper.
"won't they recognise the room?" he asks.
"i'll just make sure it's only the pillows under my head they can see" my eyes are now closed as i grip onto the sheets.
"so we don't have to leave this bed technically?"
i shake my head.
"good" he whispers as he shuffles his body down between my legs...

3 hours later
"mamaaaa"
"hi babyyyy. oh my god i miss you so much"
i listen, my cheeks aching from smiling as jackson tells me all about his week with daddy.
i can sense gerry watching me from the armchair in the corner of the room but i try to pay it no attention as jackson takes the phone to the girls who are both sat on the sofa playing with toys.
i stay on the call for almost an hour talking to jackson, justin spoke briefly asking how filming was going and saying he and the kids were excited to see me next weekend. he tells me to look out for myself and to not over work, those words echo in my mind long after the calls ended and i'm back to being snuggled up under the blankets.
i'm
suprised he's really caring especially after i told him it didn't want to get back together again.
i'm not negatively suprised though, it's great to see him becoming himself again.

gerard's pov
as i'm watching her on the phone to her son, seeing her smile and her eyes lighting up as she talks to him about even the most mundane things like what he dreamt about the night before, i can't help but marvel at how amazing of a mom she is.
i find myself smiling at her, my cheeks growing red.
am i really falling for her?

oh my god i can't actually believe i haven't updated in a month. life has been hectic and i've not had much motivation so i've just been adding little bits to this when i've felt like it which is why it's taken so long.                                    it's not my best work but hopefully it's about to get a lot better 😉