59. the birthday party pt. 2

...justin and gerard just look at each other as jen puts her hands over her eyes "oh godddd" she sighs.
"we should have popcorn or something" amanda whispers seeing as they're all still stood in the doorway to the dining room, watching everything go down.
the sound of the girls trying to stifle their laughter makes everyone look at them.
their smiles drop as they all turn back and try to make themselves appear busy whilst listening to what's going on in the living room.
jen just looks from gerard to justin wondering what to say in this situation.
the silence seems to last hours before jen realises why they're both at her house in the first place,
"where are the girls?" she asks, turning to justin.
"they were napping so i left them in the car, didn't want them to be moody today" he replies, finally removing his eyes from gerard's.
"i'm gonna go get them out the car, they should be fine till later...justin will you come with me?"
jen doesn't look at either one of the mens expressions as she heads out the door and across the driveway to justin's car.
she waits at the car whilst justin catches up and unlocks it for her to open the doors.
"wait" he says, placing his hand on her arm.
jen turned to him.
she watches as he takes a deep breath, she can feel his anger radiating off him.
"justin...i swear i forgot to tell you, i was gonna i promise"
"but why is he even here in the first place, your just fucking him for pleasure-"
"hey! don't tell me what my reasonings are for being with anyone but you"
"these are our kids, it's their first birthday, the most important one and you've gone and brought your fuck toy!"
however just as jen is about to lose it at justin for his disgusting comments she hears a car entering the driveway and sees justin's parents along with jack.
"we're gonna forget all this right now" jen turns back to justin, trying to keep her voice steady and quiet. "we're gonna give these girls an incredible birthday. you're gonna either be nice with gerry or stay far away from him, and then we're gonna talk about this like real adults...ok?"
justin nods reluctantly looking down as jen readjusts her angry expression just in time for jackson to run up to her.
"baby!" she shouts picking him up and spinning him around kissing every inch of his face she can reach, making him laugh.
"ugh it feels like it's been so long since i last saw you" she almost started to tear up as she noticed differences in jackson; he's lost another of his front teeth, his hairs longer, he's more tanned from
playing outside.
jen balances him on her hip as she leans one arm out to hug phyllis and eugene.
she carries jack into the house with justin whilst his parents both wake the girls up and help them walk up the driveway and into the home.

jen, after making sure both girls know how much she missed them, covering them in hugs and kisses, starts to notice more family arriving. everyone was chatting, justin to jens dad and jens friends talking with jens sister in law.
gerard this whole time had stuck by jens side, clearly uncomfortable with all the people who had no clue who he was or thar he was invited at all. his feeling were hurt to say the least that jen hadn't even told justin that she'd invited him.
jen was grateful that very few people had asked who gerard was or why he was invited, her dad of all people was not the happiest in the slightest and jen could tell him and justin had been talking unkindly about gerard all afternoon but she tried her hardest to just let it go and deal with it later.

the sun is now setting, happy birthday has been sung and cake has been dished out.
mostly everyone has gone now as the few kids left run around and the parents chat.
jen and gerard are sat at a seperate table laughing as they sip their drinks, jackson is sat on her lap playing games on her phone just like he always used to.
she likes that gerard really seems to get along with her kids, he enjoys making them laugh.
"mommy" jackson whispers so loudly that next door probably heard.
"yes jack?" she whispers back equally loud trying not too laugh.
"who is gerard?"
jen laughs as gerard leans forward slightly, this is if he thinks, they're gonna go official.
"gerard's just mommy's friend"
gerry felt his heart sink, as if he'd been punched in the gut. she seriously wasn't going to tell her kids they were dating? why was he even here?
he put his drink down on the table, stood up and walked away.
"gerry?" jen called after him, noticing he looked angry all of a sudden. she stood up, moving jackson so he was sat where she'd just been sitting.
she slides out from behind the table, calling after him again.
just as she is about to head inside to find gerard, justin comes out of nowhere stepping in front of her.
"not right now jus, i need to talk to gerard about something"
"no that can wait, we need to talk" he cuts jen off.
jen looks at him incredulously, this can't be happening she thinks to herself.
"i have nothing to say too you, i already apologised for forgetting to tell you he was here. i can't go back in time just get over it"
"hey!" he shouts as jen tries to walk away.
amanda nudges courteney as the argument starts to grow louder.
"i wont just get over it, i already told you it's not fair of you to bring some stranger into these kids lives when it's already confusing for them having us apart and never seeing you"
"no, you do not get to guilt trip me like that"
"come on jackson, we're gonna go inside and get some more cake" smiles andrea as she takes his hand, she's balancing alina on one hip, amanda carrying summer, as everyone heads inside.
jen sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose, closing her eyes.
"you really think you can live on your own and look after these kids without help when your acting like this over me moving on...which was your idea in the first place?" she asks, crossing her arms.
"i wanted to get back together, your the one that said no jen not me" justin's voice is still raised.
"yeah because i was so fucking scared you'd try and kill yourself again, not because i stopped loving you!"
"you still love me?"
"of course i do are you fucking stupid?" jens voice is rising again.
she then hears that same alarm going off in her head, she reminds herself that she can't let herself fall back into justin's arms again so easily after everything that's happened the past 5 months.
"you need to go" she finally says quietly.
justin this time doesnt protest as he takes a breath and turns around.
jen quickly follows to say goodbye to jack and the twins who have already fallen asleep again.
"i'll see you in 5 days ok? then we can have a full weekend together" jen promises as she walks back to the cars with jack.

"gerry?" jen calls into the house once it's completely empty and everyone's left.
"gerard?" she shouts again as she heads upstairs, leaving everything a mess for her to clean up some other time.
she gets upstairs to find gerard sat on the edge of their bed, twiddling his thumbs.
she sits down beside him, placing her hand on his thigh but he brushes her hand off.
"what's wrong, did i say something?"
gerard looks at her incredulously, "why am i here?"
"what? you left the party and sat-"
"no why am i here? at your house with your kids and family?"
jen is silent.
"jen...i like you so much that i might actually love you"
jens eyes widen as she looks into his, she didn't bargain for anyone catching feelings.
"gerry i-" however gerard doesn't let her finish as he continues.
"i really thought me being here was you making us official...but then you introduced me to everyone as a friend?"
jens silent, her eyebrows knitted together as she lets gerard finish.
"i'm sure you heard me and justin before, i hate him for saying some of the things he says...but he was right. this isn't fair on the kids, i didn't think the kids would ever meet you, inviting you was a spur of the moment thing because i know i like spending time with you. i have to put my kids first gerry"
he nods looking down.
"i don't think we should see each other anymore then" he finally says.
jen knew it was coming but it still made her eyes water.
"i've booked a hotel room, i'll see you back on set tomorrow" and with that he grabs his suitcase from the door to the bedroom and heads out.
jen doesn't follow but instead falls back, tears rolling down her cheeks and into her hair.

jen must've fallen asleep because when she next opens her eyes it's pitch black and the house is almost completely still.
however there's an incessant banging on the door downstairs.
"what?" she mutters into the darkness, her eyes still squinting as she starts to wake up, she looks at the security cameras to see who's at the door.
she sees their face as they pace back and forth, dropping her head and sighing she forces herself up and downstairs, turning on the hallway light.
"justin this is not a good time or idea, you need to go home"
"no we need to talk" he walks past her and into the living room.
"you haven't cleaned up or anything?"
"gerard left and i went to bed"
justin stares at her, trying to read her expression.
"wow, so very helpful of him"
"you know what, fuck you justin!" jen snaps back, deciding the only way out was to fight fire with fire.
"maybe i did just want gerard for sex. is that what you wanna hear? i just rode his dick and let him fuck me from behind because i needed to feel something you never made me feel-"
"shut up right now!" justin says, taking two steps closer to jen.
"or what? justin we've been through this fight so many times, i'm bored"
his fists are clenched by his sides, his breathing is erratic.
why is she purposely pushing him like this?
she knows she needs to fight just as much as he does, just to get rid of the pent up anger.
"you're jealous...that's all. you don't care for them kids, you just can't stand the thought of me moaning someone else's name-"
"those kids are my entire world jennifer don't you even try that!" he shouts.
"oh really? because if it wasn't for me you'd have been six feet under by now!"
his breath gets caught in his throat at hearing jen scream back at him those words.
"we have made these mistakes so many times, why are we still here in this circle"
"what mistakes?"
"us! the fact you were trying to get better whilst i was just fucking someone to get over you!"
justin's silent for a moment..."did it work?"
"no of course it fucking didn't otherwise i wouldn't be arguing with you like this"
"no you can't make me feel bad for you! i wont let you!"
"justin that night you asked me to get back together and i said no? i've regretted it literally every second since. i did wanna be with you, i still do-". jen gasps realising that's the first time she's said it out loud and admitted it to herself.
they stare at each other, chests moving rapidly as their adrenaline from arguing is still high.
before either can think straight justin practically runs at her, attacking her lips with his.
she moans into his mouth as he picks her up and walks over to the couch.
there's nothing sweet or romantic about this moment.
it's rough, animalistic almost, as clothes are ripped off. they perform a dance of trying to overdominate the other, to stay in control of the situation whilst fucking each other with raw abandon...

ok what a random place to leave this chapter, this feels rushed and it's definitely not the best i've written.
but, this book will be coming to an end very soon. i haven't had the motivation at all and i would rather not update than update you with shitty writing.
however a part 2 will be made to this book when i feel like it so stay alert for that!