23. Happy Birthday

It was September 5th, Jacksons first birthday.
Jen was sat on Justin's lap in their home office going through old Polaroids of Jackson; In the hospital when he was born, his first bath, his first holiday, and lots of him cuddled up to a sleeping jen or justin.
"I can't believe he's already one" said jen, her voice choked as she tried not to cry.
"I know, this time a year ago he was still in your stomach and you were having a go at me for driving too fast"
"And now we're trying for another one" laughs jen kissing justin.
They'd been trying for a while now with no luck. Jen didn't understand why she wasn't getting pregnant but she just put it down to stress.
"Hey we should really go to bed, we'll probably be woken up early" said justin looking at his watch "its already half 2"
They get in bed and lay there in the dark jen cuddled up to justin, her head laying on his chest, matching her breathing to his.

"Mama! Mama!" Jacksons banging on their bedroom door and shouting awakens them.They tend to leave the door closed now so Jackson doesn't come in at the wrong time.
"We've really got to get him a new bed he can't climb out of" said justin as jen got up to let Jackson in.
"Happy birthday baby!" Cries jen picking him up and spinning round fast making him squeal.
"How old are you?" Asked justin holding up one finger as jen threw Jackson playfully onto the bed and climbed back under the sheets.
"I one"
"Good boy" said jen giving him a kiss.
"He's really getting good at talking babe" said justin turning on the bedside lamp.
"I know. Now we just have to get the potty training done. And that's your job seeing as I helped his speech" jen laughs.
"Everyone's coming round today. Are you excited?"
"Yeeaahhh" screamed Jackson "coco!"
"Shhhhh. The neighbours are asleep and yes coco is coming"

Jen dressed Jackson in a cute outfit she'd gotten him when she was still pregnant, it was blue denim shorts with a green body suit that had dinosaurs on it and cute little black pumps. After making sure justin was watching him jen got dressed into a loose, flowing, white top with a tank top underneath and khaki green shorts with her sandals. She applied a small amount of makeup and tied her hair back in a bun before taking Jackson off justin so he could get ready.

An hour later jen, justin and Justin's parents eugene and phyllis were tying up balloons and setting out all the food for the guests.
"I can't believe he's one already" said phyllis blowing up the last balloon.
"I know, time flew by" said jen.
Jackson sits in the living room with all his toys, completely unaware of the rush to get everything sorted going on around him.

As the first guests arrive jen picks up Jackson and balances him on her hip so he can say hi and thankyou to everyone walking through the door.
However once coco arrived he practically jumped out of jens arms and ran off with her showing her all his new toys. Even though most of what he said made no sense coco still seemed to understand.
"I can't believe how big he's gotten" said courteney handing over 1 big present and 2 small ones wrapped in blue wrapping paper.
"I know, I miss him being a tiny baby and being able to fit him in one arm"
"Do you think you're gonna have more? You've still got a good 10 years till it becomes more tricky and complicated"
"Errr I don't know, we haven't really spoken about it" replied jen looking away to avoid the awkwardness she got when lying to people, especially close friends.
Her and justin had decided not to tell anyone they were trying incase it got out or something happened meaning they couldn't have anymore kids.

Once everyone had arrived; kids running and screaming outside with the dads watching and most of the women inside, people eating small sausage rolls and chips from the small buffet they'd made - justin came over to jen wrapping his arm around her waist.
"Jack's getting moody I think we should sing and get the cake out the way so he can nap"
"Ok, will you get the candles and I'll call everyone in?" Said jen giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"...Happy birthday to Jackson. Happy birthday to you"
"Blow them out baby"
Everyone stood around, justin taking pictures as Jackson, helped by coco, blew the candles out on his dinosaur cake. Everyone cheered and took pictures as jen held Jackson on her hip, smiling at him.
They passed paper plates with a slice of cake around until everyone had a piece.
"This is great cake hunny" said John, jens dad, giving her a hug.
"It should be, your wife made it" she laughed hugging him back.

After most people had left and Jackson was taking a nap courteney, jen and justin walked around the house cleaning all the rubbish and wrapping paper away after Jackson had opened all his presents.
"Coco we need to go now" courteney called to coco who was sat in front of the TV.
"Come on darling" she said again, picking her up.
"Thanks for coming you two and helping clean up" said jen as her and justin stood at the door saying bye to them.
"Of course, we had a great time. Especially this one" replied court indicating the sleepy coco on her shoulder.

After waving them away and making sure everything in the garden was back to normal jen and justin lay on the couch watching TV.
"Today was so good, do you think he enjoyed it?" Asked jen looking up at justin.
"Of course he did, you should see the pictures I took. He was grinning from ear to ear in all of them"
"Except when you put icing on his nose, he did not enjoy that" laughs jen
"No he did not" agrees justin kissing jens head.
They both lay there in the silence, jens eyes hurting as she fought sleep knowing she had to get up soon anyway to make dinner, however soon it became too hard to fight and she let herself drift off into a peaceful sleep.

She wole up to it being dark outside and in her own bed.
She rolls over confused to see justin laying asleep, with Jackson sound asleep also, laying on his bare chest.
She softly stroked Justin's arm to wake him up.
"Hi baby" he whispered
"Hi, how did I get here?"
"I carried you obviously. You weigh next to nothing" he laughs
"What time is it?" Asks jen
"Almost 8pm" says justin looking at the bedside clock. "Are you hungry"
"Yes but I dont want to make anything, shall we order takeaway?"
"Yeah. Mexican?"
"of course"
Once the food arrives they eat in bed, even though they know it'll stink out the room, whilst watching films on Netflix. Jack woke up whilst they were both still eating and took bits of food off of both jen and Justin's plates getting sauce all over his face.
Once they'd finished, before Jackson could get any food on the white sheets jen took him into their bathroom and gave him a quick, late bath.
She dried and dressed him before taking him back into his bed.
She read him a story of his choice, barney the bear of course, and made quiet shushing sounds whilst stroking lightly down the bridge of his nose, watching him fall asleep.
She quietly walked out and across the hall into their room, silently closing the door behind her. She was about to get into the shower before justin took her arm and pulled her over to the bed where he started kissing her passionately.
"Baby I need a shower" said jen trying to pull away
"Then let me join you" he replied mischievously.
"Fine" she rolled her eyes but still smirked.
They went into the bathroom and undressed before getting into the shower.
They washed each other with soap, justin washed jens hair, massaging her scalp, making her tingle.
He cleaned the shampoo out before planting kisses down her neck.
She turned around and was immediately picked up by justin.
"Shhh you'll wake jackson" said justin smirking.
"shut up" jen panted, tugging at his wet hair.
After getting out and getting dry they climbed into bed, still naked and lay in each others arms until they fell asleep.