34. moving

It's a month later, Jackson has just turned two years old and jen is officially 3 months pregnant.

"-and if you could just sign here, the house is all yours" smiled the realtor as Justin scribbled his signature.
"thankyou" smiled jen as the realtor grabbed his things and left.
"It's all ours baby" said justin picking jen up and hugging her, then giving her a sweet kiss.
"do you think it's time to show Jack?"
"yes, we can show him his room and start planning out where we want things to go and colours and all that" smiled jen excitedly as she linked arms with Justin and looked out of the giant glass windows into the garden below. A bit of work still needed to be done but they both agreed that they should be able to settle in nicely.

After looking around a little more they went back to courteneys to pick up Jack who they'd dropped off so they could pay for the house and settle all the paperwork without any disruptions.
"Court?" Called Justin as he entered the living room
"Out here" she called.
Justin walked out to see courteney sat with her laptop at the outdoor table and the kids running around on the lawn playing in their own make belief world.
"Where's jen?" she asked, shutting the laptop and taking a sip of her coffee.
"just getting the stroller out for Jack"
"shouldn't you be doing that?" she asked raising an eyebrow.
"jen wouldn't let me. Aaaaah the joys of pregnancy hormones. She insists on doing everything and won't let anyone else do it because they 'won't do it right" he mocks.
"What are you guys talking about?" asked jen coming up behind justin and sitting next to courteney.
"err just about how Jacksons been" said justin quickly.
"was he good?" jen asked
"yes he was perfect. Where did you put the stroller?"
"just in the hall"
"Ok, anyway how was the house? Is it all sorted?"
"yep we move in on the 25th" smiled justin watching Jackson play.
"really? But that's only like two weeks away"
"I know" sighed jen "but we've already bought it and we have to be out of ours by the end of the month"
"well if you need help packing you know who to ask" winked courteney "are you gonna show Jackson?"
"yeah, we're gonna go after we've left actually. Hi baby" smiled jen as Jackson noticed them and ran over, jumping up into her lap.
"are we going mama?"
"in a minute ok buddy? We're gonna walk to the house because it's only up the hill"
"are you sure?" asked courteney.
"yeah it'll be nice to go for a proper walk. We don't normally get to do that anymore with the paps" smiled jen as she put Jackson down and got up, readjusting her tank top to cover up her whole stomach.
"ok, well I'll be expecting a house tour soon" she said waving at them from the front door.
"right, get in buddy" said Jen indicating to the stroller.
Once he was buckled in they started walking down the road before turning up a little path, shaded by trees that led them directly to their new street.
"are you sure you don't want me to push?" asked justin
"I told you I'm fine" she muttered "is it really noticeable that I'm pregnant?"
"you're not flat stomached like you were no, but I think it just looks like you like burgers alot" smirked justin, running his hand along her ponytail.
"I'm worried people will figure it out though jus. Or at least call me fat"
"who cares? baby they don't know you"

When they arrived at the house, after putting in the security pin that they'd been told, the gates opened and they walked down the driveway and up to the front door.
"well it's time to find out if the key actually works" said justin putting it in and twisting until he heard a click.
They entered the cool house, which was a nice change from the humidity outside and put the stroller in the corner, letting Jackson out.
"this is where we're gonna live now buddy" smiled justin.
Jackson looked around at the large, white room that will be their living room and said "I don't want to live here"
"what?" jen laughed
"I don't like it. So we're not moving here"
"It's a little too late buddy, we've already bought it" smiled justin, taking his jacket off.
"noooo" his scream echoing, throwing himself down on the floor, crying.
"oh boy" said jen looking at justin "now I see what court meant about the terrible two's" she muttered sitting down on the floor with jack. She didn't say anything she just sat with him and let him cry himself out, stroking his hair and rubbing his back lightly to comfort.
Once Jackson had calmed down they put him back in the stroller where he fell asleep almost immediately and started walking around the house with paint sample strips picking which colors for which rooms. All the while jen slowly rocking the stroller back and forth to keep Jack asleep.