35. the premiere from hell

Their house was almost complete. Everything was unpacked, most furniture bought and most rooms painted. They hadn't painted the nursery, playroom or Jacksons room yet because they hadn't had time with sorting out the outdoor furniture and the trouble with the couch which was supposed to arrive the day after they moved in, in the colour black but instead arrived a week later in the colour khaki.

They were just putting the last of the empty cardboard boxes into the trash when they saw dolly, limping slightly, walk towards them looking tired.
"hey what's up baby?" asked jen kneeling down as dolly lay at her feet on the grass. Jen stroked her slowly before looking up at justin worriedly.

"she's getting on jen, and I know it hurts but she isn't going to live forever"
"I know" sniffed jen "I just didn't really give it much thought" she whispered so Jack wouldn't hear, dabbing her eyes with a tissue.
"if you want we can give her a proper send off like you wanted with norman" replied justin bringing her into his arms.
They stood there, justin slowly rocking side to side as jen, trying hard not to cry loudly, sniffed against his chest, staining it with tears.
Not even two minutes later their ears were filled with the echoing screams of Jackson down the hall. Jen immediately jogged to him where he was on the floor with a cut on his knee.
"did you fall sweetie?" she asked picking him up, trying to calm him down.
"what happened?" asked justin walking into the playroom.
"he must have fallen, can you get me a bandaid? There should be one in my purse"
They cleaned Jacksons knee and put the bandaid on the cut, all the while jen telling him how brave he was.
She then took jack outside where she sat him on her knee on the pool chairs they'd just bought and gave him some ice cream to calm him down, dolly never leaving their side, her head laid next to Jacksons legs.
They sat there, Jackson content with his ice cream and toys, jen stroking dolly and justin inside working on some new scripts for half an hour before Jackson started getting cranky so she took him inside.
After she had put Jackson down for a nap she went into the office and stood behind justin, her chin resting on top of his head and her arms draped over his shoulders and onto his chest.
"hey baby" smiled justin, kissing her arm, "how do you feel?"
"Ok actually. No nausea but I'm worried about how much weight I'm gaining"
"its completely normal" he replied taking his glasses off and turning his chair to face jen.
"but it'll be so hard to lose it after and it's gonna make me more noticeably pregnant"
"baby. We're announcing tonight so you really don't need to worry about hiding it" justin laughed as he pulled her onto his lap, amused at how paranoid she was "when do you have to get ready?"
"err a good hour or two" she said looking at the clock.
"so we have time to kill huh?" smirked justin, slowly kissing jen, who returned the kiss.
Just as the kiss deepened Jacksons cries could be heard from the baby monitor.
"ughhhh" sighed jen, pulling away and resting her forehead on justins.
"I'll get him" he whispered as jen got up.
Jen smiled and sat back down, slowly swinging her legs as justin left the room. She spun the chair around to face the desk and looked over at the baby monitor and her eyes welled up with tears as she saw justin comforting their child, giving him Eskimo kisses. As Jack stopped crying justin grabbed some of his teddies making them walk along the edge of the bed frame and up Jack's arm and onto his head making him laugh.

Jen was almost 4 and a half months pregnant and already had a bump which was almost as big as Jacksons although he was a small baby. She was preferring to wear tight clothing though because she loved the bump and just being pregnant all together.
She was tired after being kept up from the babies kicking and pushing down on her bladder, she felt her eyes stinging as she fought sleep but gave in and put her arms on the desk, resting her head atop and slowly falling asleep, listening to Jackson giggle.

Justin left Jacksons room after eventually getting him to fall back asleep and crept back to the office to find jen also asleep, breathing deeply, her mouth slightly ajar.
He took a polaroid and stood watching her with a smile on his face before leaving and going to sit on the couch where he continued reading his new script.