43. NYC pt.1

Jen woke up with her bed sheets tangled around her body and her head throbbing as she opened her eyes to see the room glow orange from the rising sun.
She lay there for a while in the quiet before remembering the fight her and justin had the previous night.
She groaned as she detangled herself and stretched before throwing on her robe over a tank top and underwear and walking down the hall to the kitchen, the growing sound of cartoons letting her know Jackson was already awake.
She saw Jack sat on the couch and smiled as he noticed her, jumping up straight away.
"mommy!"he shouted
"sshhhh hi baby" she whispered picking him up as he wrapped his little legs around her, giving her a big sloppy kiss.
"did you have a good day with daddy?"
"yeah!"
"good, I'm just going to get a drink then I'll come back ok?"
Jack just nodded as his attention turned back to the TV.
Jen walked into the kitchen to find justin chopping up fruit to go in a yoghurt.
"Hey"
"morning" jen replied shortly, still angry with him.
"look jen I'm sorry ok? please, let's not fight" jen didn't respond so he went on "I made some for you" he smiled shyly, offering her one of the bowls as she took a painkiller for the headache which justin noticed.
"why'd you take one of them?"
"had a rough night" she replied bluntly.
"oh" he said as jen roughly took the bowl from him and went to sit with Jack on the sofa.
Justin knew better than to mither jen to forgive him so he ate his breakfast in the kitchen after giving Jack his, then took a shower where he thought of ways to get jen to forgive him.
After he was out and dried he got changed and headed back into the living room where jen was still sat on the couch now playing with summer whilst Alina and Jack played on the floor.
Justin stood for a minute and watched as jen held summer above her head, slowing raising her higher before pretending to drop her, repeating it as summer giggled. He watched until jen noticed him out the corner of her eye and immediately stopped laughing, lowering summer to her knee where she just bounced her a little, her facial expression unreadable.
"jen?" justin asked timidly.
"mmh?" she said without looking at him.
"can we talk? Just come and sit in the garden with me for a minute"
Reluctantly jen got up, pulling her robe tighter around her as she grabbed her pack of malboro and lighter off the side and followed him.
They sat down on the pool chairs, both lighting a cigarette as justin tried to find a way to start the conversation he had played out in his head whilst in the shower.
"ermm... Lately I feel like you and I have been arguing a lot more than usual. And before you say-" he rushed as jen went to interrupt him "before you say that it's all my fault and that I should've known better I know. Ok? I know all of that and I've told you I'm sorry but I think we're both stressed right now and I was thinking...."
He stopped as he took another drag of the cigarette. "what if we went to the new york apartment for a bit?" he held his breath as he waited for jens reaction.
"what?!"
"oh come on, we haven't been there in years"
"yeah because we had kids... We haven't been since I got pregnant with Jack" jen said as she was flooded with memories of taking the pregnancy test and crying on the floor as she read the results.
"I know, that's why we should go back, plus we can see some of your old school friends and show Jack and the girls where you grew up. We can even relive some of the passion we had back then"
"we still have passion" jen defended.
"not really"
"yeah I know... But hey I'm not to blame for that. Normally you only want sex when your drunk, it's never as often as it used to be or as spontaneous"
Justin sighed "that's why it's a good idea to go... Come on baby" he whined, knowing jen couldn't resist when called baby.
"ugh fine, but your packing my stuff aswell... That's your punishment" she smirked as she stubbed out her finished cigarette and headed back into the house.
"consider it done" shouted justin after her, excited that his plan actually worked.

Jen was still mad at justin for what he did but she couldn't help but feel excited for the trip, she'd missed New York so much.
She packed the babies and Jack's suitcases, explaining to him that they were going to stay somewhere else for a while which he seemed pretty excited about.
Justin packed his and jens suitcases but knew he didn't need to pack much because they already had clothes at the apartment.
He loaded all the bags into the car as jen sat messaging court and dre asking them to check up on clyde and managing to persuade them that no she hadn't fully forgiven justin which they were pleased about seeing as they'd both been furious when she'd told them what he'd done.