30. Shock

Jen woke up with jacksons foot in her back. She turned her head to see him rolling about, playing with his pacifier. Jen turned fully over to face him and laughed as he toothily grinned at her.
"morning buddy. Looks like someone woke up on the right side of the bed"
jackson took his pacifier out then sat up and said "hungry mama"
"well i guess we're getting up then" sighed jen as she hauled herself out of bed and went into the bathroom. She went to the toilet and brushed her teeth then looked at herself in the mirror. She noticed her face was getting puffy but she thought nothing of it as she tied her hair back in a messy bun and went back into the bedroom where jackson was hiding under the bed, his feet sticking out.
"hmm where's jackson?" said jen wandering around, playing along.
"jackson?" she called walking around the other side of the bed, jackson giggling loudly underneath.
She finally stopped still at the end of the bed, waited quietly for a moment then "boo!" she shouted, pulling the bottom of the duvet up fast, causing jack to scream.
"roar" shouted jen as she dragged him out by his feet then started tickling him until he was laughing so hard he couldn't speak.
She let him up and run off down the hall as she got to her feet, her back aching a little but she just put it down to sleeping in an awkward position.
Her and Jack ate breakfast on the couch instead this morning. Jackson with cereal and jen with avocado toast. He ended up spilling half of the milk but it was cleaned up quickly so it didn't really matter because it was a leather material anyway.

"right, what flavour baby?" asked jen, repositioning Jackson on her hip as she stood at the counter in the diner, 5 minutes from courteneys, waiting for Jackson to choose what ice cream he wanted.
"that one" he said pressing his finger against the glass, pointing at chocolate.
"okay. Hi can I have two chocolate ice creams please"
Once they sat down, furthest from the window where a few paps were gathering waiting for her to leave, she handed Jackson his tub of ice cream and then started eating her own. Jackson ended up getting it all over his face but jen took advantage of the sticky mess to take some cute pictures.
Once his face was wiped clean with a napkin and the rubbish was in the bin she once again hauled Jackson up, which was starting to hurt her a little more seeing as her back was already hurting, and quickly left and walked to the car.
She buckled him into his seat as fast as she could whilst paps stood a little away, their cameras clicking annoyingly.

She rang the doorbell but didn't wait for an answer as she knew she could just walk right in anyway.
"hi coco" smiled jen as she let Jackson run off
"hi jen" she giggled, hugging Jens legs before running off to find Jackson.
"court?" called jen
"in here" she called from the living room.
"hi darlin" said jen, giving her a hug and putting Jacksons little backpack on the couch.
"right, I've really got to run otherwise I'll be late but I'll talk later. All his spare clothes and pacifiers are in there. Oh and he should just drink water out of a sippy cup"
"Ok hunny" replied courteney looking amused at jen who still panicked and over thought everything when she was leaving him.
"Jack? I've got to go now sweetie but I'll be back soon" said jen giving Jackson a kiss on the head before leaving and getting in the car.

"Mrs theroux?" called the receptionist.
Jen walked through the doors and into her doctors room.
"hi jen, take a seat"
Jen sat down on the chair and watched as the nurse looked at the computer for a while before turning to her.
"Ok so this is just the routine check that your having since the accident is that right?"
"yes"
"ok, so all we're going to do is weigh you, have a look at your eyes and leg and take a blood test or two"
"okay" replied jen nervously who was now wishing justin was there with her.
Once the eye and leg check was over and the blood had been taken she was told that they'd ring her when they had the results back from the blood.
"but everything else seems fine, leg is completely healed and there's no sign of a delayed concussion" she smiled "is there anything you wanted to talk about or any other issues?"
"err yes actually. I've noticed that I've had quite a bit of lower back pain recently, like pressure almost and I wasn't sure if that was anything to worry about or..." jen trailed off nervous as to what the nurse was going to say.
" hmmm I don't think it's anything to worry about. How long have you felt like this?"
"oh not long, about a week at most?"
"ok, we'll wait to see what the blood test results say then go from there. You should have the results back sometime this evening"
"ok thankyou so much" said jen, surprised at how quick the exam was over.
"no worries" smiled the nurse as jen left.