27. Get Well Soon

"dadaa! dadaaaaa!" jackson wailed from the other room.

justin had decided to take a nap whilst jackson was asleep. he slowly opened his eyes, tension high in his shoulders. He padded bare foot across the cold, hard hallway into the nursery where jackson was sat up in his bed, a pacifier hanging out his mouth.

Courteney had demanded that justin had to go home every couple of days instead of constantly being at the hospital looking after jen plus jackson was getting in the way because he couldn't stay at his grandparents forever. jens ribs had almost fully healed, her leg were supposed to still be in a cast for a couple more weeks, but the cuts on her head however weren't doing well at healing because the stitches kept coming undone. Jen was in pain alot of the time but the place that hurt the most was the little organ in her chest which felt like it was barely beating anymore. No woman should ever go through this and jen had a new found sympathy for families that this happened to. Babies that hadn't quite made it to earth yet. She was distraught and she couldn't help but blame herself. No matter how many times justin or courteney tried to put her mind to rest she was still adamant that if she hadn't taken her eyes off that road to answer the phone her baby would still be with her and she'd be living a normal life at home with justin and jack. She hated not being able to cuddle up to her boys properly, eat without having to fight to keep the food down or even walk at all for that matter. she hated it all but she knew there was still light, no matter how far down the tunnel it was.

"ssshhhhhh baby" justin gently whispered cuddling jack like jen used to to try and get him back to sleep but they both knew it wasn't the same.
"what do you want eh?" he asked,sitting on the rocking chair with jacksons head resting on his shoulder. he slowly rocked back and forth, rubbing jacks back until he felt him relax, falling asleep. However justin didn't move. He continued to sit rocking back and forth, his baby in his arms but wanting more than anything to have his other baby with him. His heart ached for her and he was worried - he couldn't deny that. He knew jen was upset but he was worried it was all going to get too much for her with constantly being locked in a hospital room and reading about her accident on the news everyday, but there was nothing he could do to help her. If he could take the pain away he would, he would mend her leg, her head and her heart. He was so umbelievably mad at brad for this, in his eyes this was all his fault. He had a big urge to go down to brads and give him a piece of his mind and even though he promised he would if anything like this came up again, after courteney spoke some sense into him he knew it was better if he just left brad and angelina to it and concentrated on his own family right now.

Just then he heard the phone ring. He silently lay jackson back down and crept out to the phone.
"hello?"
"hi justin"
"hi, is something wrong, is she ok?"
"hey she's fine, relax. Im just calling to tell you that if you wanna stay at the hospital with her for a couple of nights you can. I'll take care of jackson." said courteney.
"are you sure?"
"yes. i think she needs you alot more than she's letting on right now"
"err.. ok yeah sure, when are you picking up jackson?"
"I'm leaving here in about 15 minutes so I'll just stop on my way back. Is that ok?"
"yes of course. thankyou so much"
"it's ok. I'll see you soon"
"ok, bye court"
"bye"

Courteney had been sat with jen who had been almost silent the entire day and had only turned away for a minute to ring justin. When she turned back around she noticed jen on her phone.
"hey. I've told you it's not good to be on there reading all those articles"
"I'm not. I'm reading all the nice messages that have been left. All the get well soons. Even my mom texted me."
"so she's not coming to see you then?"
"no" jen sighed "but atleast i got a text saying something. That in itself is a rare thing"
"still she's your mother"
"cece, we've been over this. We don't talk for a reason and it'll probably always be that way so just leave it"
"ok ok"
There was a minutes silence, jen twiddled her thumbs as she scrolls through her messages whilst courteney looked over at all the flower and cards jens been sent. she is one truly loved girl she thought.
"did you ring him?" asked jen breaking the silence.
"yes, he'll be here in about half an hour. Anyway I guess I'd better get going"
"ok, give jackson and coco my love yeah?"
"of course, and you - don't dwell on anthing. Just focus on justin being with you."
"I'll try. Bye darling"
"bye sweetie"
As the door closed behind courteney, jen slowly and painfull shuffled further down the bed, wincing in pain.
Once as comfortable as she could get she lay her phone down and looked out of the window. There wasn't much to see. Just the tops of trees and a blue, cloudless sky. She felt her eyes growing heavy and instead of fighting it like she had been doing for the past 4 weeks she'd been couped up here, she welcomed it. When she awoke she felt a sharp pain in her stomach, she inhaled sharply and then heard the sound of something dropping on the floor. Her eyes flew open to see justin retrieving his phone from the floor, having dropped it after hearing jen gasp in pain. She relaxed as she felt justin take her hand. These pains were considered normal but it didn't make them any more pleasant. She noticed it was dark outside and lifted her phone up to realise it was almost 10 o'clock and she'd been asleep for 5 hours. Justin had decided to let her sleep seeing as she hadn't slept practically at all for the past month and a half.

"hi baby" jen whispered
Justin didn't reply but just pressed his lips against her forehead and then the back of her hand.
She slowly shuffled back to the edge of the bed leaving enough room for justin who gladly took his boots off and lay next to her, stroking the side of her face.
"i love you so much and I'm so proud of you, you know that right" justin whispered.
"i do" jen replied.
They lay there for the rest of the night watching films on the small tv and just talking. They decided not to talk about the accident or anything to do with it unless they really had to, which made it alot less stressful on the both of them.

1 month later

"is everything sorted?"
"yes, thankyou."
They were finally able to leave. After another month of hardly seeing jackson or anyone except justin and courteney and practically having to get used to walking again after her leg was healed, the doctor announced that jen was free to go home as long as she came in for regular check ups on her head and leg.

As they entered the familiar home jen heard jackson running around playing with coco.
"who is that i here?" jen asked as she walked into the living room.
"mamaaaa" shouted jackson as he ran at jen who dropped her bag and knelt down to hug him.
"hi baby. ugh it feels so good to finally give you a proper squeeze"
Justin went and put the bags upstairs and came back down to see jen lying on the couch listening to jackson talk about what dreams he'd had whilst staying with his grandparents or coco and "aunty cece" as he called her.
Justin joined them were he snuggled up to the both of them and cuddled before jackson fell asleep in jens arms like he used to. Justin slowly picked him up and carried him upstairs where he placed him in bed and helped jen up the last couple of stairs.
They got changed and climbed into bed, listening to the breathing of the other, remembering how nice it was to be in each others arms again and there they stayed until sleep took over their minds.