Chapter 21

Since I've already finished writing Chapter 23, I thought I'd post this chapter a few days early. 💜

*******

The wonderful day was winding to an end, but I was much too happy not to want to celebrate.

"Guys, we wrote almost an entire song in one day, I got a shit ton of new followers, a DM from Halsey, you guys made me cry with your beautiful ass shoes. Do you think we could go out and celebrate? I want to go eat and have fun or even have a picnic with you guys!"

I'm so excited about the idea I barely notice them smiling at my enthusiasm.

"I need to go home first so I can go live for my followers like I promised, but do you guys want to do something after?" I ask, looking at all of them with wide, glassy eyes.

They groan at my expression saying that I was too cute, making me smile widely.

"I like the picnic idea. We can go to the gardens in our neighborhood so we don't have to have security or worry about Dispatch finding us," Namjoon says.

"And I'll make us dinner! Anything special you want, darling?" Asks Jin.

"I'm sure whatever you make will be superb, oppa. And thank you for lunch! It was so yummy!"

"Okay, does anyone want to come to my place with me? You'll have to be quiet during my live, but anyone is welcome if they want to come," I offer.

Joon and Tae take me up on the offer and we say goodbye to everyone. I'm a blushing mess from everyone kissing me and each other while I try to juggle my five new pairs of shoes, Tae laughs and watches me struggle before taking mercy on me and taking three pairs while Namjoon takes the other two and we make our way to the car.

Tae takes the front seat and Joonie sits behind me and we make our way to my home. The music is turned down low so we can chat during the drive, enjoying getting to know each other.

"What's your favorite color, lovely," Taehyung asks me.

"Purple! And it's not because of the whole 'Borahae' thing," I say before he can ask.

"Oh, why is it your favorite?"

"Purple has always been really calming to me for some reason. Every shade of purple is beautiful to me, other colors can come in some really ugly or harsh shades, but purple is always pretty. It also reminds me of my mom as it's her favorite as well and when I was living in the states without her, every reminder of her helped me keep going," I explain, "I don't think there has to be a deep meaning behind why someone chooses a favorite color, it could just be that it makes them happy, but in a way, it's like purple has always been there for me. Is that weird? It's only a color, but it's never failed to brighten up a shitty day when I see it randomly."

"That makes perfect sense. I feel like most people chose favorite colors because it's just aesthetically pleasing to them, so it's nice hearing a genuine reason behind your favorite," Namjoon says.

"Well, it became even more important to me after you started 'borahae', y'all were always a source of comfort and it just added to what purple means to me," I conclude.

"Do you like spicy food?" Joonie asks, moving on from colors.

"Listen, in America I can eat anything spicy no problem. In Korea? Apparently I cannot tolerate spicy foods," I laugh, "Americans think they can do spicy food, but it's nothing compared to here."

"I can't handle it either, noona. It makes me sweat and then I get itchy because of my cholinergic urticaria. Plus, I just don't like it when my mouth feels like I ate a literal flame," he chuckles. "What's your favorite country you've visited?"