Chapter 33

Big thank you to Chims_Smol_Pinky for the cover! I absolutely love it! 💜

Japanese is underlined italics

⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️

Mentions of rape, anxiety, depression, and self harm.

*******

The day of my Vogue shoot has finally arrived and I couldn't be more excited. It's been a while since I've been able to do a real, full-on photo shoot. Violet is here with my camera to film behind the scenes stuff for my YouTube channel.

"Not gonna lie...it's kind of weird doing a photo shoot with you not doing my makeup," I tell Violet as she points the camera around the set.

She turns the camera to me, bare-faced in a silk robe, chilling in a chair waiting on the makeup artist to start on me. I can see all the stylists reviewing the sketches we came up with at our last meeting before they start on me.

"Here we have a wild Kimura in her natural habitat," Violet narrates, "in about thirty minutes she will be virtually unrecognizable after these amazing people work their magic on her ugly mug," she zooms in on the stylists.

"You're lucky there are witnesses here or you'd be dead," I state calmly.

"As you can see," she turns back to me, "this Kimura is especially violent. We must always remember to stay vigilant in her presence."

"I'm going to refuse to buy you food next time we go out if you keep this up," I say, laughing when Violet immediately turns the camera away from me and walks away to ask the photographer some questions.

"Kimura-ssi?" The head stylist gets my attention and we bow to each other.

"Oh, please just call me Kiki," I request with a bright smile that she returns.

"Will do. We're ready to get started now if you are. We're going to start off with a very natural look with relaxed clothes to do the interview portion first since it will be the easiest makeup to put on and remove."

"Great. Let's get it!" I exclaim, hearing Violet snort quietly from behind the camera.

A woman in her thirties comes over and starts on my makeup while a young man starts on my hair as the head stylist goes over through the rack of clothes next to the vanity.

"Do you guys mind if we film for my YouTube channel?" I ask them.

"I don't mind," they both say in unison, making us laugh.

"Yah, apparently we spend way too much time together, noona," the man jokes.

"Do you see this disrespect?" She asks me.

"Yeah, how dare you," I laugh as we tease the poor guy. "I'm sorry, I don't know your names."

"I'm Haeun, and that rascal is Haru," the woman introduces while filling in my brows.

"It's very nice to meet you, Haeun-ssi and Haru-ssi. Please treat me well today!" I laugh as I see Haru blush in the mirror. "Haru, that's a Japanese name, right?"

He nods as he starts putting my hair in a bun on top of my head.

"Do you speak Japanese?" I ask him.

His face lights up as he speaks rapidly in what seems to be his native language, "yes! It's so nice to meet someone else that speaks Japanese. None of my friends or coworkers can speak it with me!"