The Decision

Madhu rushed into her house. "Papa..." she called out frantically. "Maaa"

Padmini came out running hearing her daughter's voice after the whole night. She had been crying whole night in her worry. But as soon as she stepped out of her room, she froze in her track. Madhu was in bridal attire.

"Maa" she saw her and tears started welling up in her eyes on seeing her mother. She ran to her and started crying profusely hiding her face in her chest. Padmini was worried to the core hearing her crying so badly.

"What happened Madhu?" She asked worriedly. Malik came from the other room hearing the voices. He had been busy in calling people and finding Madhu.

Seeing her he visibly relaxed. "Madhu.." he called out walking hurriedly to them.

"Papa.." Madhu looked at him and threw her in his arms still crying like a baby who tried to find solace in her parents arms.

"Calm down child.." he said patting her head. "What happened Madhu? What is all this?" Padmini asked worriedly crying.

"Papa.." she said crying looking at him as she tried to tell him what happened.

Just then RK entered through the door. In a black shirt and jeans, he was smiling so wickedly.

"Good Morning Sasurji.." He said aloud as he stood at the door.

Malik and Padmini looked at the source of that voice instantly. "Rishabh!" They both exclaimed in a state of shock.

"What is all this?" Padmini asked shocked.

"Sasuma.. Bless your daughter and son in law.. to have a happily married life.." he said amused.

"Is this some joke Rishabh?" Padmini screamed at him.

"Wow.. so many dialogues from Sasuma... Wont you say anything sasurji?" RK said focussing all his attention on Malik now who was shocked too much to respond.

"Why are you here?" He said like he had seen a ghost.

"Aha... thats what you can expect from a shrewd businessman like you.. Straight at the point.." RK said acting impressed.

"Answer me.." Malik demanded restlessly.

"Sasuma.. wont you ask your son in law to sit?" He asked casually turning to Padmini.

"You are testing my patience Rishabh!" Malik said angrily.

"Dont!" RK suddenly screamed. "Dont take my name with that dirty tongue of yours.." he hissed at him.

"Then tell me what is all this?" Malik asked back angrily still holding Madhu to him.

"What goes around comes around, Shamsher Malik.." he said smiling. "You killed my parents and now I will kill you. Bit by bit.. scrap by scrap.. You will cry and beg for your daughter" he said with disgust on his face.

"I wont let you near her.." Malik said angrily and scared for his daughter.

"I am near her.. I am her husband.. Her Parmeshwar.." he said raising his hands in the air sideways. "I will very well do what I plan to do.." he said happily.

"I have killed your parents... Take your revenge from me!" Malik said to him restlessly. Madhu suddenly felt a blow. All this while she had thought that Rishabh has some misunderstanding but now even her father said that. She parted from his chest slowly as she looked up to see his face. As if to confirm if he was the same man she was hugging or someone else.

"What?!" Padmini looked at Malik shocked. Malik looked at her and then at Madhu scared as he realized what he did. "You killed Radha and Mohan?" She said baffled.

"Padmini we will talk about this later.." he admonishes her as his sole focus was Madhu for now.

"Yes.. You can discuss all you want once me and my wife go away from here.. I was in no plans to get her back here.." he said as he sat comfortably on the sofa. "But then I realized how would you know that I am making her suffer.. And then how would that avenge my parents?"

"Do what you want to do with me.. stay away from her.." Malik said angrily.

"This... This is the restlessness and helplessness I want to see. How else will I be able to see this if not for your daughter.. I cant tell you Malik how quenched I am feeling right now.." he said smiling satisfied.

"My daughter wont go anywhere with you.." Malik said angrily.

"She is my wife... I have every right to take her away.." RK argued back laughing at his stupidity.

Malik held Madhu's hand securely. "I wont let you come near her.." he said.

RK stood up as he walked close to them. "You know.. I have got Enough of this chattering.. I would go now.." he said smiling.

"Yes go away... My daughter wont go anywhere from here now.." he said confirming strongly.

RK was about to hold Madhu's hand to drag her away when they heard sound of bangles. Madhu held Malik's hand and like a robot she freed het hand from his grip. Malik looked at her confused and scared.

She took in a deep breath as if to solidify her decision. She turned around and walked to the door while RK stared at her smiling amazed.

"I am waiting in the car Rishabh." She said softly controlling her cries and walked off.

RK smiled amused and impresssed. Least had he expected this. It wont be wrong to say that he was shocked.

"Madhu.. Madhu wait.." Padmini ran behind her.

"What are you doing Madhu? have you gone mad?" Padmini asked her standing in their garden between the gate and their house.

"If I am a daughter of a murderer then this is what I deserve.. And more than me.. what he deserves.." Madhu said angrily.

"It wasnt our fault.. we didnt know.. you dont have to do this.."

"whatever it be ma.. I cant live here... I can not see the face of the man who is so confidently boasting about killing someone let alone the fact that they were friends.." she argued.

"But Madhu..." Padmini said trying to explain.

"I am going ma... Take care.." Madhu said hugging her. She broke the hug and walked to the car and Padmini stood there watching her helplessly.

"Sasurji... Your bad days start now..." RK said smiling wickedly at Malik.

" I wont leave you if anything happens to her.." Malik said dreading his intentions.

RK smirked at him and without saying another word he walked out of the house.

"Waah biwi... seems like you decided to bow infront of your husband afterall...?" He said smiling tauntingly as he drove the car while Madhu sat silently. "Good you decided that.. Otherwise you would have cried and I would have forced you into the car.. all the drama was cut short. On second thoughts, I think that would have been quite more entertaining.." he said acting disappointed though Madhu remained still. She didn’t speak or react to anything that RK said while he kept glancing her once in a while.

Madhu got down from the car as soon as they reached RK Mansion. She had been wishing this drive to end so badly not wanting to get into any conversation with him. RK looked at her confused and also a little worried. Madhu had never been such quite of a girl. Even yesterday she had been standing for herself and fighting him but now she was just quiet. When he had expected her to create a scene for not coming back with him, she surprised him by coming herself. And now she even went into the mansion easily. He didnt have to pester her for that. But then he realized that he was worrying for her, and he didnt like it one bit. He cant betray his parents to love Madhu. He scorned himself for that and got down the car as he walked into the mansion.

---------