Trap

RK was standing in the police station thoroughly annoyed and angry while Bittuji was running here and there as he tried to get the formalities for bail done. The inspector was shocked to see that the son of the Kundras was himself struggling for the bail of the alleged murderer of his parents. RK went to the lock up and saw Malik sitting on the bench in a daze.

"Uncle.." he said from outside.

Malik looked up at him jerking out of thoughts. "Will I ever get out of the blame of my brother's murder?" He asked with a dazed expression.

"You will Uncle.. I won't let anything happen to you.." RK said with determination.

"Is Madhu okay?" Malik asked worriedly.

"She is fine.. She is at your home.. to look after Padmini aunty.." RK said looking away. He was hurt somewhere even though he was the one who had dropped Madhu at Malik Mansion to look after Padmini. He knew she must be utterly worried for them, specially Malik.

Malik breathed in a sigh of relief. He was worried for Padmini but couldn't ask RK about her.

"I will come back in sometime and take you away.." RK said and walked off.

By evening they were in Malik Mansion. All of them except for padmini were sitting in the hall. Malik had gotten the bail.

"What do you mean the case is being persuaded vigorously now?" RK asked him..

"Chief.. the case wasn't in direct media lime light till now.. but with the press involved now, the lawyer said that the investigations may speed up.. with Mr. Malik being the prime suspect as all evidences are against him.." Bittuji explained.

"Wow.. the irony of it all... when i wanted all that to happen the police and the whole system wanted to be extra sluggish.. and now when i dont, they decided to be sprinters.." RK exclaimed frustrated.

"I.. had kept them at bay till now.." Malik said pursing his lips nervously.

RK looked at him with a baffled look.

"I had taken over the blame in front of you but I couldnt go to jail just like that.. I had to bring Bhatia to justice and then Madhu and Padmini were there too.. so I had kept all of them quiet till now.. But suddenly all this media got involved now.. I don't understand how.." Malik said confused.

RK looked at him and shook his head in disappointment.. "i am amazed at this game Bittuji.." he said laughing and he looked at Bittuji. "I mean.. see.. i wanted to get him prosecuted for my parent's murder since 7 years and now I come to know that he had been over powering the proceedings and still I am sitting here now and searching a way to save him... " RK laughed as he said that and Malik too broke into a mirthless smile while Bittuji smiled nervously not knowing how to react.

"Because Papa didn't do anything.." Madhu defended her father instantly.

"Yes babe.. I know he didn't.." RK said cooling down as he looked at her lovingly while Madhu turned all crimson being addressed like that in front of her father. Malik cleared his throat and RK suddenly remembered his presence. He had lost himself suddenly in Madhu's cuteness.

"So Bittuji.. what did the lawyer say?" Malik asked focussing all his attention at Bittuji for a few seconds as he suddenly seemed more interesting to Malik. While RK and Madhu got time to recover from their embarrassment.

"The lawyer said that as you were the one present there at that very time.. and after Mr. Kundra's death you were the one most benefitted. That's why you are the prime suspect.. And there aren't much evidences for our claim that Bhatia killed them.." bittuji said worriedly.

"There has to be something Bittuji.." RK said thinking to himself. "padmini aunty.." RK said looking at Malik both hesitantly and hopefully. "She is the witness.. who knows everything.."

"No!" Malik said instantly.

" Why papa?" Madhu asked disappointed.

" No! And that's final.." Malik said getting sterner.

RK looked at him in a disappointed admiration and nodded his head. "We should go to the old office then.. and search for the files of the deals involved. Maybe there is something that can help.." RK said thinking.

"Yes.. we can try that.." Bittuji said.

After sometime RK and Madhu were headed to their own house.

"I dont know why papa isn't taking the easiest route.. mumma knows everything.. she can be of help.. " Madhu said restlessly.

"Because he still loves her too much to put her in danger.." RK said with a sad smile.

"Danger?" Madhu asked confused.

"Madhu.. you are just seeing one side of it.. You want to save Malik uncle from the punishment of the crime he hasn't done.. but if Padmini aunty comes infront to testify Bhatia's involvement then she would be accused in plotting of murder too.. And that would mean she would be punished for that.." RK explained to her and realization hit Madhu.

"He loves her so much.. He is ready to sacrifice himself to keep her safe.. How could Padmini aunty not see this love...?" RK said feeling Malik's pain.

Madhu stared ahead as she took in a deep breath in hurt drowning her pain. Her mother didnt love her father who had given all of himself for her. It somehow felt so disgusting to Madhu.
--------------