Trust ensured

Madhu entered the room in a daze as she thought about Bittuji’s revelation. She hadn’t considered the possibility that her great plan of uniting Rishu with Dipali could mean loosing Rishu once again. She looked at RK who was reading some file on the couch and her eyes started filling up.

Rishu, stop I would fall down..” she remembered herself shouting at him when she wore heels for the first time and practiced walking with him in them.

You really don’t need to wear those.. It might be hurting..” she heard a concerned voice of RK when he was holding her with all his might.

No I look really short walking with you otherwise.. I have to match up right?” she replied adamantly and RK rolled his eyes.

A tear escaped down Madhu’s eyes. She quickly walked to the bed to sleep before he notices her crying.

Flashback

Madhu sat on the sofa crying like a child. Padmini came hurriedly to her.

“what happened Madhu?” She asked worriedly.

“I hate him!” she screamed while she cried.

“whom?” Padmini asked confused.

“Rishu.. I hate him..” she said adamantly.

“why? What happened suddenly..?” padmini asked baffled as to what he did even when he had gone away an year back and there was no news of RK or his family.

“He went away.. He hasn’t even contacted me.. Now who is going to tell me whether to join Commerce or Science..!!” she said accusingly.

Padmini laughed hearing her. “so you want him back so you can ask which stream you want to choose.. how could he tell you that? Its you who has to decide..” Padmini consoled her.

“But I am confused.. and I want advise.. I never consulted anybody else and now I am not satisfied with anyone’s answer…” she said helplessly.

“I think you should take science..” padmini tried to help.

“science… hmmm..” Madhu thought over it for a second. “but don’t you think commerce is also good..” she asked confused again. “that’s what I was saying… I get confused everytime..” she screamed frustrated at herself.
Flashback ends

Madhu broke into a sob as she remembered that time she had to be without Rishu.

She remembered the first time she wore a saree. Everyone praised her, and even she thought she  looked good. But somewhere in the back of her mind she wanted to run and show RK how she looked.. She was used to do that and unless RK would not give his sarcastic comment she couldnt feel satisfied. She missed fighting with him for riding the bike and making him sit behind and the way he used to get frustrated. She missed being teased for her dumbness. She missed being called patakha.

7 years had went by but she didn’t develop the habit of being without him. Every decision she had to take. Everything new she did.. every game and every victory made her want to tell RK about it and now when she was happy that she got him back, there came a shocker that she would be separated from him again. Could she afford to loose him again?

A sob escaped her mouth which was audible enough that RK heard it.

"Madhu?" He called worriedly. "Are you okay?" He asked as he walked to her.

Madhu tightly shut her eyes and controlled her breath pretending to sleep.

"Yes.. there we have another failed attempt to cover up." RK said jokingly trying to cheer her up. But he noticed her wet face and his heart broke. Not because she was crying but because she was crying alone instead of sharing with him. She never hid anything from him.